1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Ugh! Any advice for getting rid of this taste!?!?!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by I have WHAT in my yard?, Jul 2, 2011.

1. I have WHAT in my yard?

I have WHAT in my yard? Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2008
    Eggberg, PA
    OK SO my pneumonia wasn't cured by the first round of antibiotics. So we're trying a new one. The doctor told me that this one left a bad taste in your mouth and he was sorry, but he really thought it was the best drug to knock this out. I'm pretty desperate so I was willing to go for it.

But YUCK!!!!!!! It isn't bad taste after you swallow it. It's your mouth tasting like the bottom of the coop ALL THE TIME!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

It's awful. It does not, oddly, change the taste of food. So now, my diet is shot cause I keep eating to get rid of the taste!! [​IMG] Gum only lasts a few minutes.....

Ideas??? I'm listening ~~~

2. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Oh ICK! I was on Clindamycin for a while once, after surgery. Is that what it is?

Not only did it leave an awful taste, but my tongue started turning black in spots. I was turning onto a CHOW! [​IMG]

Keep taking it, to heck with the diet. That can wait until you are well again. [​IMG]

Have you tried hard peppermints?

Last edited: Jul 2, 2011
  3. fuzziebutt

fuzziebutt Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2009
    Winfield
    Sugar free peppermints rock![​IMG]

4. mulewagon

mulewagon Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 13, 2010
    Alabama
    Brush your teeth and tongue a lot! Suck on ice, swish ice water around in your mouth...

I hope you're better soon!

5. BirdNut

BirdNut Overrun With Chickens

Sep 13, 2010
    Suprise, Arizona
    Oh, yuck! I hope you get well soon!

I've dealt with similar situations; bad tastes that just wouldn't leave my mouth. What always worked for me was to use extra strong spearmint mouthwash and then drink ice water. Make sure it isn't the peroxide kind of mouthwash, because that'll just leave you with yet another bad aftertaste in your mouth.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2011
  6. caspernc

caspernc Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 15, 2010
    Z town NC
    cough drops!

7. I have WHAT in my yard?

I have WHAT in my yard? Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2008
    Eggberg, PA
    Mint and this taste DO NOT GO well together..... Yuck!

OK tried that one. I am looking for sugar free candies......

8. Squishy

Squishy Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2011
    Florida
    Or.... [​IMG] Nothing beats real sugar for fixing bad tastes [​IMG] Chocolate? [​IMG] [​IMG]

Is it a copper taste or metallic? If its one of those I think I heard somewhere there might be something you can get in supplement stores that binds the metals... [​IMG] Ughhh Dont trust my memory though! I'm a bit doped up with sudafed right now [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by