Ugh! Any advice for getting rid of this taste!?!?!

I have WHAT in my yard?

Songster
11 Years
Jun 24, 2008
Eggberg, PA
OK SO my pneumonia wasn't cured by the first round of antibiotics. So we're trying a new one. The doctor told me that this one left a bad taste in your mouth and he was sorry, but he really thought it was the best drug to knock this out. I'm pretty desperate so I was willing to go for it.

But YUCK!!!!!!! It isn't bad taste after you swallow it. It's your mouth tasting like the bottom of the coop ALL THE TIME!!
sickbyc.gif
sickbyc.gif

It's awful. It does not, oddly, change the taste of food. So now, my diet is shot cause I keep eating to get rid of the taste!!
barnie.gif
Gum only lasts a few minutes.....

Ideas??? I'm listening ~~~

Oh ICK! I was on Clindamycin for a while once, after surgery. Is that what it is?

Not only did it leave an awful taste, but my tongue started turning black in spots. I was turning onto a CHOW!
th.gif

Keep taking it, to heck with the diet. That can wait until you are well again.
hugs.gif

Have you tried hard peppermints?

Last edited:
Oh, yuck! I hope you get well soon!

I've dealt with similar situations; bad tastes that just wouldn't leave my mouth. What always worked for me was to use extra strong spearmint mouthwash and then drink ice water. Make sure it isn't the peroxide kind of mouthwash, because that'll just leave you with yet another bad aftertaste in your mouth.

Last edited:
Or....
hide.gif
Nothing beats real sugar for fixing bad tastes
wink.png
Chocolate?
big_smile.png
big_smile.png

Is it a copper taste or metallic? If its one of those I think I heard somewhere there might be something you can get in supplement stores that binds the metals...
hu.gif
Ughhh Dont trust my memory though! I'm a bit doped up with sudafed right now
sickbyc.gif

Back
Top Bottom