ugh black friday!!!!

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Tad, Nov 27, 2009.

1. Tad

Tad Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 16, 2008
    South TX on the border
    heading out in a bit to get layer feed, hoping the feed store of all places isnt over run with shoppers, need some rye grass seed and a quick trip to the bank and it is back to the farm to hide out for the rest of the weekend!!!!

DOES ANYBODY ELSE FEEL THE HOLIDAYS HAVE BEEN STOLEN BY CORPORATE MARKETING?????

2. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Quote:YEP! I am not going out except to go eat my parent's house for leftover Thanksgiving dinner.

3. AHappychick

AHappychick Wanna-be Farmer

Dec 16, 2008
    westchester
    yep and I really need pine shavings (for a brooder) but the petco (closest thing for that stuff) is in the same shoping center as target and such so there is no way I am going!

4. Camelot Farms

Camelot Farms Chickenista

Dh works for WalMart.... I KNOW better than to venture out there today [​IMG]

5. Phox01

Phox01 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2009
    Straughn , Indiana
    Not only do I have to go to a store today , I have to work there . It's a shoe store so I am hoping we are not mobbed and I am working closing so maybe the riots will be over by the time I get there. [​IMG]:fl:fl

Mary

6. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm

Go to the small town stores an its not an issue. I did my shopping a month ago online..... Why do they call it black Friday anyway????

7. Camelot Farms

Camelot Farms Chickenista

Black Friday got its name because its the first day each fiscal year that many stores come out of the 'red' and into the 'black' financially.

I think... [​IMG]

8. tothemoon

tothemoon Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 3, 2009
    Texas
    Quote:Yes I do! I went out this morning at 4 am in hopes of catching a laptop that was advertised at 199.00 for my son because I cant afford it at regular price. 45 min drive, 35 minute wait in line to get into the store just to be told that item was already sold out, 45 minute drive back home ticked off that we wasted the gas to go there. I have done pretty much all my shopping online for the past few years and have had a nice relaxing Christmas because I didnt get stressed out shopping in the crowded stores and it will be that way from now on! I want to enjoy Thanksgiving and Christmas with my family and friends, not give myself a heart attack trying to get something for a cheaper price. I should have went to the hardware store instead and worked on the chicken coop today!!!

9. wombat

wombat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 23, 2009
    Quote:If there's a Black Friday line at the Feed Mill, you is wayyyyyy out in the country, bro!

It's a line if Bubba, Bubba, and Scooter git thar ahead of ya.

10. goobhen

goobhen Chicks Rule

Dec 6, 2008
    Indiana
    tothemoon
    Try going online to Amazon, Bestbuy, Walmart etc on Monday, they will have Cyber Monday sales!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by