UGH... Can I worry yet

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by gabrielle1976, Apr 4, 2009.

1. gabrielle1976

gabrielle1976 Overrun With Chickens

Feb 21, 2009
    Columbia river gorge
    With my last two hatches someone was doing something by day 21 a pip a peep something , The 11 eggs in my hatcher were set at 10am on the14th and nothing , no rocking no peeping no pipping nada..[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Bornacentury2L8

Bornacentury2L8 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2009
    Cartersville, Ga.
    I set mine on the same day and just got my first pip, so i wouldn't worry, yet. [​IMG] (easier said than done, I know) [​IMG]

3. gabrielle1976

Feb 21, 2009
    Columbia river gorge
    [​IMG]

4. DouglasPeeps

DouglasPeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2008
    Colorado
    How did the eggs look when you candled them? Did your temps run a little low this time?

I wouldn't worry yet either. Keep us updated!!!!

5. gabrielle1976

Feb 21, 2009
    Columbia river gorge
    It did drop low sevrel times over 24 hours as my breaker box keeped triping all morning. They got down to about 70 or so like twice.
    When I candled them on day 20 ( yes I know but I candled them on day 18 and they werent takeing up enough of the shell.SO I was worried about them ) 8 out of 11 had movement and the rest looked good vien wise and seem to have grown. 2 still dont take up enough shell to be full term in my novice opnion but I was hopeing the little bantys at least would be trying to pip or something. I had two good hatches I guess Im do for a heartbreaking one [​IMG]
    Oh by the way if they are behind how long can they go extra befor they arnt viable anymore can they be healthy if they need to take an extra 2 or 4 days?

Last edited: Apr 4, 2009
  6. DouglasPeeps

DouglasPeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2008
    Colorado
    I am pretty sure that you can leave them in there through day 24. If they haven't hatched by then, they probably won't. But if your temps were a little low, they could just be a little behind and hatch in the next day or so.
    [​IMG] No worries yet! Just don't open the bator!

7. gabrielle1976

Feb 21, 2009
    Columbia river gorge
    I am not opening the bator again till at least day 24 unless they all hatch and I need to remove all the babies

But you can bealve Ill be glued to the window off an on for the next 3 days , Mostly on;)

8. tobin123

tobin123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2009
    fountaintown,indiana
    We our on the same day as well,we put ours in the bator on the 14th too. we have candled and we did see something interesting but some not. We are waiting patiently(NOT) we want to see some babies!!!!! This is our first time and its is nerve racking

9. gabrielle1976

Feb 21, 2009
    Columbia river gorge
    well 2 pipped at around 4pm and one hatched at 8pm industrious little dude and one hatched around 6am then one that pipped at about midnight hatched around 8 am , the rest of the eggs still show no signs of life no rocking no peeping no pipping , this is soo exhausting I watch late into the night and get up to early in the morning and the three are screaming there heads off about the cramped space or something.[​IMG]

10. cluckychick

cluckychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2008
    South of KCMO
    be patient, I thought my hatch was done to when all but 6 hatched. Then DH heard peeping on day 23 and low and behold I still had one that hatched. Good Luck [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by