Ugh fuse boxes!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by EweSheep, Nov 22, 2011.

1. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    On a rainy day like this, why it has to happen?!

Hubby misplaced the fuse box cover (near the engine) of our van. It can start up and run fine but no wipers, no heat, no blower, no radio and no power windows and no wipes working in the back window either.

Is it possible that the fuse box don't like water? Hubby said the rubber seal strip on the hood part got it wet. I thought he was a load of crap. I know the engine does get wet when the pavements get wet, thus get the fuse box wet. Of course the batteries would get wet but at least it is not the problem.

So how long would it take to dry? Hubby put a plastic bag on the fuse box. Should I leave the plastic bag on the fuse box or take it off?

It is going to rain all day. We have no garage. If it stops raining, it would not be a problem driving the van but it would be cold LOL!

2. Royd

Royd Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2009
    Middleburg, Fl.
    I'd say, dry it out with a heat gun and cover it with duct tape or cut a piece of plastic to fit and duct tape it, around the edges.

WWMGD...What would McGyver do?

Last edited: Nov 22, 2011
  3. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    [​IMG] Gotta love McGyver!

I hate to go to the junk yard and get a lid for it. Their prices literally kill me for it. $50 for a rear light! Cost just as the same as new!

I don't have a heat gun so I just have to figure out how to dry naturally.

4. KenK

KenK Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2011
    Georgia
    Have you got a hair dryer? That will work.

5. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Yep I sure do!

Will have to wait until the rain let up. When it rains, it pours!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by