1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

ugh I have a hormonal roo...

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by TinyTotsSeramas, Jun 29, 2011.

1. TinyTotsSeramas

TinyTotsSeramas Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2011
    Smithsburg
    Yeah so I have my hens and roos in separate coops but they can free range together for an hour or two at night (their supervised since they are Bantams) an tonight my Red Pyle Old English Game roo is acting very... studdish!!
    He's going around an bitting the necks of my Silver Sebright girls an fluffing up his neck feathers and doing his little "dance" for my MIL's Red Sex-link girls.. its quite funny!! xD

[​IMG]

2. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Roos, especially young roos, are idiots. I can't help but love them though.

3. Lacey1988

Lacey1988 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2011
    Mississippi
    oh mine starting to do that...I love to watch them strut around trying to impress their ladies [​IMG]

4. TinyTotsSeramas

TinyTotsSeramas Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2011
    Smithsburg
    lmao Its just too funny!! He thinks he's hott stuff but he's so tiny compaired to the Sex-Linked girls an when he "dances" for them, they just look at him like "psh whatever! get away pest" an peck him away!! lol [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by