Ugh im so stupid will she be ok:UPDATE

pringle

Songster
10 Years
Apr 16, 2009
Pepperell,MA
Ok I have this 1 young EE pullet.She has all her feathers and is very healthy.I have been keeping her in the basement lately and have been trying to integrate here with some of my chickens but has been living in my house..It was such a nice day today so I took her outside to let her run around,then I went to go to my friends house so I put her in a dog house with an attached kennel so she still enjoy the outside but I thought I would put her in when I came home.Turns out when I come home I didnt do the latch right and the door was open
he.gif
.I searched everywere but I cant find her!Its all dark so its very very hard!She has never spent a night outside and its pretty cold here would you think she would be ok?Do you think she would have flown up into a tree or something and is maybe at;east a bit safe?Ughh I feel so horrible right now!

Last edited:

pringle

Songster
10 Years
Apr 16, 2009
Pepperell,MA
I have been trying to call for her but she wont come,and her cage is inside!And I dont think she will come becouse its just so dark out.

redstars

Songster
10 Years
Mar 15, 2009
south dartmouth ma
I would think she will be OK for a night.
My neighbour has his birds out all the time they just roost in a tree.
I don't even think he has a coop. You probably want to make sure you wake up early tomorrow
she will be down at first light looking for something to eat.

ChickenWisperer

Songster
11 Years
Jun 30, 2008
KY
I've had the same thing happen to me, only my EE girl dissapeared while free ranging.

I hope your girl comes home soon!
hugs.gif

dawg53

Humble
Premium Feather Member
12 Years
Nov 27, 2008
Glen St Mary, Florida
Dont beat yourself up over this. Instinctively, she's probably up in a tree close by. When you go out in the morning,look up in the trees or bushes. We wish you the best in finding her.

kyeschicks

Serama Chicken Enthusiast
12 Years
Nov 11, 2008
Texas
don't worry she'll be ok
smile.png
one time my rooster got out of the coop and I searched and searched and I couldn't find him so I woke up really early in the morning (like at 5) and then I sat down in a chair with my laptop, blanket, and coffee (hehehe) waiting.........till he came down from a tree!
smile.png

btw he's a white roo and he was hiding really well in that tree with no leaves!!!

Last edited:

wvgal61

Songster
9 Years
Feb 28, 2010
Troutman, nc
If you have trees close by you could take a flash light out and shine it in the trees, that is how my Grand paw used to catch his chickens

Top Bottom