Ugh.. i'm to soft lol

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Going Quackers, Oct 6, 2011.

1. Going Quackers

Going Quackers Overrun With Chickens

May 24, 2011
    On, Canada
    I just sold one of our drakes.. i had to, he was getting aggressive with us and the other drake plus realistically.. i only have 2 hens and 6 birds total.. so yeah you get my problem.. 2 of them we're supposed to be hens but i think there drakes to [​IMG] however there not an issue yet as there barely 3mths and are totally submissive to the older flock...

It was hard, he went to a home where they guy just got 3 hens so he should be happy but i feel guilty [​IMG] my kids didn't want me to but i have to think of our flock and what is best for our hens.. I knew a long time ago when we started into ducks if we had to many drakes we'd have to scale back but knowing and doing are two different things..

Yes, i am overly emotional [​IMG]

2. mommyofthreewithchicks

mommyofthreewithchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2010
    Minnesota
    Me too. I am sorry that you had to get rid of him but the rest of the flock thanks you!!

3. ChickInDelight

ChickInDelight Never an Empty Nest

Apr 27, 2011
    Browntown, VA
    Simply explain to the kids that your choices were:
    1. Find a loving home for drake
    2. Make him center-stage star of your supper table

They will understand when the realize he may hurt the others in the flock.

4. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Quote:I just recently had to do the same, it was hard especially when he was the less agressor but my other drake is 8yrs. old don't think anyone would want him. I still miss him but I know he went to a great home so it does help. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by