UGH!!! Lost my flock last night too!! So angry and sad.

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by Shawhee, Aug 27, 2013.

1. Shawhee

Shawhee New Egg

Jan 21, 2010
    I recently moved from Texas to Idaho. Everyone thought I was crazy.... but yes my chickens made the move along with all of our other animals. I just moved them home last night from my mothers house, into a temporary coop. I believe it was a dog that ripped the wire off of one end and ..... ya. :( I went searching as the coop was empty, I found my Cochin roo first... poor big boy, and my blue cochin, lavender orpington, and BLR Wyndotte. I have two hens missing, but really think they were just further out. I am so mad I could spit! My roo was about a year old when I got him, the rest I raised!! They were from 5 to 1 years old most 3-4.

I also raise dairy goats and have three Great Pyrs. One is a puppy but the other two are working. Since we do not have a perimeter fence at our new house - they are in the pens with their goats - and MADE to stay there, otherwise they probably would have ate this dogs lunch. We have had a German wirehair pointer on the property three times (and ran him off).... major hunting dog, so I will bait my coop and sit out for him every night if I have too. This will STOP here!!! I have 4 easter eggers in the barn (babies) I got two for mom and two for me.... I guess it is not a total loss....

P.S. Has anyone had luck with the Little Giant 9200 incubator? Because as soon as we get our coop up I will want to hatch out some chicks.... special ones like mine I brought from TX that my friend hatched out for me and I raised. I am so torn between crying and being angry!

Thanks for letting me vent..... I love this forum and have been gone for a while - back surgery and then moving. Y'all are the best! and we will post pictures of our pallet coop too.

Shawna

2. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    I am sorry for the loss of your chickens. [​IMG]I would definitely watch out for that Pointer and other loose dogs.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by