ugh low temp to 111.00!!!!!!!!!!!!! UPDATE!!!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by jj ranch, Mar 29, 2009.

1. jj ranch

jj ranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2009
    [​IMG] we had nasty ice/snow storm and power went out, hooked up generater. only went to 86. not to freaked about that. got it where it needed 101. stil air. checked an hour later to see 111.0 i freaked opened bator, flipped and left lid off for about 5 min to cool, they were pretty warm. only on day 5 at least, but candled and seen veins. not sure if still alive. what do you think? [​IMG]..................................................................................................................................................................................WE HAVE LIFE! they will make it, just prove that us humans freak out way to much.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2009
  2. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    oh my! But don't give up - candle them to see how they look.

3. Poison Ivy

Poison Ivy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2007
    Naples, Florida
    I would leave and candle again on day 10 or day 14 to see if they are still growing. Good Luck

4. Struttn1

Struttn1 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2008
    Southern Illinois
    Quote:You had better check the thermostat/heating unit. I borrowed an incubator from a buddy last year to hatch with and would get sudden spikes or drops of several degrees for no obvious reason. I highly suspect a bad thermostat or heating unit was the culprit.

5. Chickbait

Chickbait Out Of The Brooder

Mar 12, 2009
    If it was only one hour I think you will be alright

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by