UGH...Make them be quiet!!

Rhonda0115

Chirping
6 Years
Mar 22, 2013
Central Missouri
So I received two bronze poults and they are about a week old. One of them is LOUD....as in all the time, peeping and carrying on. They have water, feed and heat lamp but still no relief from the peeping. Any ideas???

It's mostly just one of them but wowza can she/he peep. It doesn't make a difference if I am in the room or not. When she/he starts...she/he doesn't stop. I moved she/he into another box with the other one, thinking maybe it was the box it is in but nope... Then I tried putting it with a smaller chicken and not with the other poult (thinking it was being picked on). No help there.

It seems to be eating/drinking/pooping normal. I finally took the heat lamp down completely, thinking it was getting too hot (boy did that tick off everyone in the boxes). It does seem to be a little quieter the past few days but still quite loud. I'm eyeballing the mancave out back of the house for it's next move. Good Grief!
barnie.gif

Thank you for all your suggestions and I will give them a try!!

So I received two bronze poults and they are about a week old. One of them is LOUD....as in all the time, peeping and carrying on. They have water, feed and heat lamp but still no relief from the peeping. Any ideas???
Might sound silly, but my poult hated the clear heat lamp I think it hurt her eyes, as soon as we changed it to a red one she hushed. You might already have one, but if not maybe a suggestion.
hmm.png

Good Luck!

Do they calm down and knock off most of the peeping if they can see you? If so, they've imprinted on you and you are mama turkey. If the one keeps it up, regardless, I'd keep an eye on it (food intake amount/normal droppings).

Those we've started in the house have always imprinted on us. Wife moved a laptop near the brooder so she could work and be `seen` (no peeping). I only `hear' them if they STOP peeping.

Move your setup to a room with a door that can be closed :)

Might sound silly, but my poult hated the clear heat lamp I think it hurt her eyes, as soon as we changed it to a red one she hushed. You might already have one, but if not maybe a suggestion.
hmm.png

Good Luck!
I really liked this suggestion and am going to try it. Never thought about clear vs red but I'm game for all thoughts, ideas.....

Back
Top Bottom