ugh my hens wont lay(any day now girls)

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Hot Chick, Sep 28, 2012.

1. Hot Chick

Hot Chick Chillin' With My Peeps

ok ,so my hens have not layed and the lady said they would lay right about now so, im starting to get worried [​IMG]

2. thebanthams

thebanthams Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 12, 2010
    Safford, Arizona
    First how old are they? if you just got them give them time to adjust. they can be stressed in their new home. make sure they have good quality food. Sometimes weather is changing and they dont feel like laying. There are still more reasons why they dont lay eggs ! Just give them time ! Good luck!

3. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    1. Could they be molting?

2. Are you sure they are hens?

3. How long have you had them? Hens take time to adjust to their new surroundings

4. [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Hot Chick

Hot Chick Chillin' With My Peeps

they have not molted ,i have had them 6 to 7 months,so there about 7 or more months old and,its getting cold here so maybe thats what it is

Last edited: Sep 28, 2012
  5. tnsred

tnsred Out Of The Brooder

May 7, 2012
    Eastern Connecticut
    I JUST got my first egg on Tuesday and I've been waiting since late March! It was so exciting! I suspect my non-chicken friends think I'm crazy because I had to call everyone with the news. So far only one out of five is laying, but we're getting an egg a day! I'm in CT, so nights are chilly here, not sure if you're getting colder weather than us. Good luck, just keep waiting!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by