Ugh...Seriously frustrated right now!!...Somewhat of an up-date.

hugs.gif

I would say offer less to have them haul the foal and see if they accept. Never know! Once we were looking at a house selling for 55k,and wanted to maked a lower offer.We were afraid our low offer of 40k would insult the lady.Well she sold the house for 25k to someone while we were still debating the 40k offer.

Hope you get the foal,but like houses there will be others that come into your life.Best wishes!

I was going to offer them a lower price. $300 is just rediculous. I had friend tell me it wasn't bad because hauling is expensive, but I know first hand it isn't THAT expensive! She has always paid someone else to haul her horse, so she doesn't really know what it actually costs.
I know that $300 doesn't seem like much, but it really is, after adding it to the price I was already paying for the horse...On top of that, they are hauling another animal anyway from the same place, to the same place - so they are charging 2 people that price! Maybe I'm just too kind to not charge so much, knowing that it is expensive for someone who only had so much money set aside for something like this. I usually charge gas, and an extra $50-100 for my time, depending on where it is. Not everyone is like that though.
It sucks, but I think I'm going to be passing on this one, unless something amazing happens.

This is to add to the fact that I tore my foot open last night (1 inch from top to bottom, and tore a good amount of skin off as well, on the bottom of my foot, of course)...On a horse shoe nail. How ironic...

Thanks for the advice noondlroo...I have been working on it, it's just hard when people always fall back on their word, or are not there for you when you actually need it. Again, I'm not being selfish with this, it's just frustrating when I'm really looking foward to something (which rarely happens for me), that it doesn't work out. This happens every time I look foward to something and have high hopes that everything will work out. This is why I lowered my expectations with people. If I don't expect anything, I will never be dissapointed (note: this does not mean lower my expectations with findind my match, or friends. I actually have very high expectations on that end...hence why I have only a small handful of friends, and lacking a bf. I have more pride than that)

Sorry if I sound like I'm whining. I'm really not...I just get ticked off when crap happens like this.

One of my friends gave me a call and said she would haul the filly for me at cost of gas!!! Now I'm just waiting to hear back from the lady who owns her...I still haven't heard back
sad.png
Hopefully soon, seeing how we were scheduled to pick her up this weekend...

Trust me, it's going to take a lot more than that to fix it...It isn't my truck, it is my parents. And a little further into the truck issue - it was actually my brother who trashed it (knowing it was for hauling my horses, not for plowing/getting run into the ground)...It's a 98' and only has about 80-90k miles on it...Then we got it back broken.
I'm saving my money to buy a new truck next year. I'm not sure on the filly...The lady got back to me this morning, but that is way too short of a notice to be getting her this weekend. I don't have the stall ready yet, since I figured she wasn't going to get back to me...
If it works out, it will actually be easier to do it another weekend anyway - (I think I mentioned this? I can't remember) we need to have a horse put down on Wed. and will be putting 2 of the inside horses in her run-in...Making 3 open stalls instead of one horseless stall with tons of crap in it...I hate rushing!

Back
Top Bottom