UGH the queen of roos strikes again:( need pricing opinions please:)

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by sonew123, Jun 8, 2011.

1. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    YUP...That's me "Queen of Roo's" [​IMG]:he [​IMG] I hatched 3 separate batches of pure lav and split lav LF Ameraucana's. I sold off the majority of all the splits and 8 pures. All the ones that didnt meet what I was looking for. Well the rest I kept are now around 14 weeks old. 5/6 pures are roos and 2/2 splits are roos![​IMG] [​IMG] I MIGHT get lucky as I have 2 pures and 2 splits that are only 5 weeks old-praying for girls dang it!!! [​IMG]

Ok back to my point..I have a chickenstock at lovingmypeeps house in a few weeks-How much would you sell the boys for?? I would love to sell them for enough to make some money back out of them from all the feed and such but not charge too much where people wont want them and I dont want to bring them back home:( give me your thoughts please:) [​IMG] thank you!

Last edited: Jun 9, 2011
  2. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    wow no one??? [​IMG]

3. StevenW.

StevenW. Lovin' My Quackers!

Oct 7, 2010
    Central, Illinois
    I want/need a Ameraucana cockeral! (I need one for my new Black Ameraucana hen)
    To bad I'm broke and you are to far away! [​IMG]

4. There a chick...

There a chick... Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 7, 2010
    West Michigan
    That is a tricky question...and I am curious to what others think. I also hatched 6/7 Lav Ameraucana roos this spring...[​IMG]

5. kathyinmo

kathyinmo Nothing In Moderation

Awwww, I am so sorry you got all those boys, Nat! Darn it! I know the feeling though.

I really do not know what to suggest. I am always just happy to give mine away, just so I don't have to feed them anymore. I really don't put much effort in to trying to sell them though; maybe I should. I wonder if someone would maybe just offer ya something for him? Or, maybe try asking $5. or even $10.???? Shoot, if no one buys him, maybe THEN you could offer him as a game prize or something?

I'm not much help, I know...... but I do sympathize! [​IMG]

6. Matthew3590

Matthew3590 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2011
    Middle, TN
    Everyone be "haten" on the boys [​IMG]

7. keesmom

keesmom Overrun With Chickens

Jul 28, 2008
    MA
    I guess it depends on how fast you need to have them rehomed. I usually sell all my extra boys as a lot for $5 or $10, depending on age and how many there are (these are salmon favs). They aren't lavenders but extra roos are extra roos. I just want and need them to be gone, so while I don't make much off them every little bit helps. If they're under 2-3 weeks old and I know I won't be keeping them I just give them away.

8. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Lav split Ameraucana's???? $20! Mine are still too young to tell how many roos I got. I did get 2 lav's out of the hatch and 3 bbs/splits. VERY happy with that!

9. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    Thanks Guys!!! I find it pretty humorous that this is ALWAYS happening to me. I had 15$ in mind for them-the black split -10$ the pures 15$ . I have always tried everything to get rid of the roos-selling first-giving away-and as a very last resort ...process [​IMG]

Deb Id love to get 20$ each for them but I'm afraid I be holding onto them at that price:( I will let everyone know how it went at chickenstock and how much they went for.
    Ill be bringing 5 pure lav roos and 1 split lav roo ( if I can figure sex out of the last 4 the roos will be going then too:( 4 SLB roos-culls 2- barred rock roos-good grief and a few others!

10. featherz

featherz Veggie Chick

Mar 22, 2010
    Saratoga County, NY
    Quote:I feed your pain... I too have too many roos, but unlike you, mine aren't fancy. I think mine will end up with the scary guy who takes anything on craigslist.. [​IMG] Honestly, I think a lot of people won't pay $15 for a roo, but maybe for your extra pretty guys they will. [​IMG]

The five OE I kept from your eggs are still ALL girls, so not all your eggs turn up as boy chickies. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 10, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by