Ugh.The warm weather prowler is back.

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by MagsC, May 4, 2009.

1. MagsC

MagsC Queen Of Clueless

Jul 27, 2008
    Minnesota
    Another thread made me think about posting this and I didnt want to hijack anyones post!
    We have lived here for going on 11 years, each spring it starts. There is a guy that seems to get a kick out of prowling around single womens residences. Everyone BUT the police know who it is, though they probably DO know. He is from an influential family and seems like he can get away with anything. Its WHO you are in this town.Sad but true.
    I stopped calling about it after being ridiculed constantly and took matters into my own hands by getting good locks and my dogs. I dont leave my daughter here alone. There are heavy shades,drapes on the windows at night. I make sure there is nothing outside he can steal.
    Thank goodness for small things, he has left us alone for the most part because several years ago he came onto the front porch at 1 am and tried the door. I had fallen asleep on the couch. My dog went through the screen porch window and scared the bejeebers out of him. I dont know HOW he got off the porch so fast but he must have been moving pretty good!! The dog continued to slam himself against the closed porch door....enough so it shook the house and woke my daughter up.
    The worst thing he did to us last warm season was steal vegetables...I wasnt pleased about that either.[​IMG] He doesnt stick around our property too long though, I know its revenge for having been run off.
    BUT he doesnt learn his lesson and targets other women. I get so disgusted with the whole business.[​IMG] Its the pink elephant in the room, the wide open "secret". Yep, just a minor rant on my part, thanks for listening.

2. Godsgrl

Godsgrl Ostrich wrangler

Aug 27, 2007
    at the zoo usually
    I'm sorry for the problems you are having, that is really scary. Maybe try putting up a hidden web cam to catch the prowler. If you go to police with a video, they have to do something. Good luck, and stay safe. [​IMG]

3. MagsC

MagsC Queen Of Clueless

Jul 27, 2008
    Minnesota
    Technically, yes, they would have to do something....but my hopes arent real high on that.[​IMG] A web cam IS a good idea, maybe if we catch him on camera and make enough of a stink, they wont ignore it anymore.[​IMG]
    Oh and thank you so much for the good sentiments![​IMG]

Last edited: May 4, 2009
  4. cassie

cassie Overrun With Chickens

Mar 19, 2009
    If you have good evidence, and the police don't do anything, sometimes you get good results if you go to the newspaper with what you have. Sometimes they like to poke around and find out WHY nothing was done. Nothing like a little embarrassment to grease the wheels of justice. Can't hurt.

5. Tala

Tala Flock Mistress

Sounds like you need a couple more dogs, you know so they could spend more time outside guarding the garden and maybe some electric fence in strategic places (like at the top of a regular fence to prevent people from climbing over).

It really sucks when you KNOW who's doing it but no one will do anything about it.

6. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
  7. MagsC

MagsC Queen Of Clueless

Jul 27, 2008
    Minnesota
    Oh, I definitely plan on doing something about the vegetable situation this year![​IMG] I like the sprinkler idea a LOT.[​IMG]
    It DOES suck when even the law protects the wrong doer.[​IMG]

8. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:Mags, I've PMed you. There are some pretty good reasons why the officers on the street can't do something about it.
    I hope you get a resolution to your situation soon. [​IMG]

9. MagsC

MagsC Queen Of Clueless

Jul 27, 2008
    Minnesota
    Thanks and [​IMG] back to you.[​IMG]
    Oh I dont think all people of the law are "bad". Its just this situation has been going on so long it gets very frustrating.
    Will read your pm and answer in a bit.

10. mmtillman

mmtillman Chillin' With My Peeps

The serious side of this is : Most men who assault women, begin by doing small, minor offenses....like peeping in windows....stalking...even stealing stuff .....
    One has to wonder if eventually he might ''esculate'' into doing more then just minor stuff someday?
    Maybe I watch too many crime shows ...but sounds like a classic case of a pervert (or worse) in the making.
    I would document everything he does and try to get it on film or tape.
    The person who suggested you go to the newspaper had an excellent idea!!
    I would pursue all these things, until the law takes it seriously enough to atleast watch him and try to catch him.
    If it were me....I would....well..never mind....
    This subject touches me deeply...hope you are able to put a stop to it before it worsens.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by