UGH!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Chickfever, Jul 22, 2007.

1. Chickfever

Chickfever Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2007
    Southwest VA
    I thought I had my temp and humidity at a constant so I added 8 eggs this morning. Temp was 100.6, humidity 48%....I left....came home and the temp was 103.9 [​IMG] !! So, are those 8 gone? Is there any possibility they might be okay [​IMG] ?

2. BirdBrain

BirdBrain Prefers Frozen Tail Feathers

May 7, 2007
    Alaska
    Sorry about your temp. I guess there is really no harm in leaving them for another 6-7 days until you can candle and see if they are okay. Are these eggs from your own birds? Any one else have any ideas?

3. Poison Ivy

Poison Ivy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2007
    Naples, Florida
    No leave them I've had my temps spike and my eggs & hatch was fine. I would just candle them in a week and see what you have.

4. skeeter9

skeeter9 Chillin' With My Peeps

I agree with birdbrain. Let them incubate until you can candle. Sometimes the little buggers can survive temp spikes, etc.

Lori

5. Chickfever

Chickfever Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2007
    Southwest VA
    Yeah, they are from my black sexlink hens and I think my roo is a brown leghorn....if there is such a thing....that's what I was told today. I figured I'd try on my own before getting others....

I'll leave them awhile and hope they made it....any suggestions on a very effective way to candle them? They are brown eggs....

Thanks!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by