UGHHHH, I cant Tell Which is Which!

TheHappyHen21

Chirping
Sep 14, 2015
Russell, Ny
I have easter Eggers, Olive Eggers and Marans in my small pen at the moment. I cant tell which is which nor can i find information online that gives me good details on how to know the difference! I'm planning on seperating soon and getting rid of what i dont want to keep and purchase more of what i have to. As i sell Hatching Eggs and all. Can somebody PLEASE tell me the differences. It is mind boggling. or do i just tell the difference with there egg color. I dont want to keep all together id rather have certain breed pens. Thanks!

You should be able to tell the pure bred Marans. What color are they, and do they have feathered legs?

What cross are the Olive eggers? Since they're basically Easter eggers, you may have to wait and separate them by egg color when they reach point of lay.

Before they start laying, it doesn't hurt to keep multiple breeds together in a grow-out pen. That's what I do with mine, and as they mature I decide who are keepers and who goes for sale.

First pic is likely a Marans, but it could be a first generation olive egger as well. The easter eggers and olive egger will be nearly impossible until they lay though. Easter egger will likely be clean legged and bearded. First generation olive egger crosses may have some feathers on the shanks and smaller beards.

Back
Top Bottom