Ughhhh Winter . Pics included

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by poultrykeeper08, Nov 17, 2008.

1. poultrykeeper08

poultrykeeper08 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2008
    Agawam , Ma
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. buck-wild-chick

buck-wild-chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2008
    Hamilton C. FL
    awww its so cute though.. iv never seen snow. [​IMG]

3. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    Those are some beautiful pics. I don't know if I'm dreading or excited about winter. I love the look, but don't like the cold. I guess I'll just hope it's brief. Thanks for sharing those wonderful pics.

Jody

4. poultrykeeper08

Feb 12, 2008
    Agawam , Ma
    Buck-wild-chick your lucky lol . Jk i like it the first time we get a nice snow storm then if we can get some on christmas great . Other than that it sucks !! at least to me

It sucks to raise poultry when its snowing out . Lots of times if its sleeting out i cant let them chickens or pigeons out because they get alll icey

the geese seem to like it if its snowing but nothing else . the chickens hate it but they like to peck the snow off my boots .

I put some in thier water and they eat it lol !!

Last edited: Nov 17, 2008
  5. PeeperKeeper

PeeperKeeper Chillin' With My Peeps

beautiful pics. aaaahhhhh...... I love snows....when I can stay home and don't have to drive in it! [​IMG]

6. mullers3acers

mullers3acers Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2007
    la porte, In
    Quote:I agree with you but my youngest daughter just started driving within the last 3 months. And hasn't really driven in bad weather. So this is a little stressful for mom.

7. hippichick

hippichick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2008
    Branch, La
    And I complain about our winters.......Can't imagine going out to tend to the animals in that. Those are beautiful pics, though.

Paula

8. conroy

conroy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2008
    The pics are really beautiful...but I can see why you'd be stressed about your daughter driving.. [​IMG]

9. piecemaker

piecemaker Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2008
    Centerville Texas
    beautiful pictures. We had our first frost this weekend.[​IMG] That was as much of winter cold as I want.
    I can't stand it when it gets below 70. Give me 90 degrees any day. I lived in Idaho for 10 years so I know
    about cold. I love Texas seasons warm, hot, hotter, really hot

10. poultrykeeper08

Feb 12, 2008
    Agawam , Ma
    oh i wish i was in texas but dont you guys get tornadows ??? No way you gunn be cseeing me in texas . i was afraid to go to las vegas and utah becasue of earth quakes never mind texas and tornadows . Ill stay over here in Ma and just worry about the snow lol

Although ihave always had an erge to go to texas so i can be a texas animal cop . They always have all kinds of raids on peoples houses and take thier birds . i would adopt them all lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by