Ughhhhhhh

shadowpaints

Songster
10 Years
Jun 20, 2009
Rigby, Idaho
ok so all was good when i got home from the fair... my house sitter turned the eggs 4 times a day and i had over 30 eggs that were veining and moving!! i was so excited!!

then i wake up this morning and go to check on the bator... the temp went way up to 105!!!!! WHAT THE HECK! i am just sick. i dont know if there will be any alive .. ill candle tonite .. lockdown is the 15th
sad.png
this SUCKS!!

if the temp hadnt whent that high i was looking at a 80% hatch rate!! GAHHH im soooo sick to my stomach!

A brief temp spike to 105 will not affect your hatch too much, if at all. Do you use a water wiggler? The temp inside the egg may not have gotten as high as their air temp.

~Cherlyn

Well, I'm glad to see you posted, I was wondering if any of the eggs I sent were doing anything and knew you had to be getting close to hatch time.
smile.png
Don't panic just yet about the temp. My last hatch the temp spiked to 106 more than once and I still had most of them hatch.
fl.gif

My temps have spiked a few times to 110 and I still have 10 out of 12 eggs developing. One had a bloodring at day 4 and the other looks to have quit yesterday or the day before. It looks like it too has a bloodring.

OMG i am SOOOOO lucky! i figured all would be dead!! BUT even tho my hatch rate is still gonna suck, i have 7 that are moving like crazy!!! YEAHH!! now just pray that all 7 make it 6 more days!!

well, mine also have gotten 107 and higher and 96 and lower since that's impossible for me to guard them even for 12 hours/day. they have suffer that temp for more than two weeks, no more candling, just see the result later. 20th days today.
smile.png

I have a little giant incubator thats temps are all over the place too. I bought the Hova 1588 and those temps only fluctuate 1 degree.... its AMAZING!!!!
I have a staggered hatch going so I will move my eggs from the Hova to the LG "Hatcher" and pray for the best. I'll have to be up every hour or two to check the temp.... I want another 1588.

Good luck with your hatch.

Yay! I'm glad you have at least some you are sure are okay.
big_smile.png
If it were me, I wouldn't give up on the other eggs yet though. At this late in the game, it's not unusual for them not to be moving at the moment you candle them. They should be getting pretty crowded in there.

Got my fingers crossed for you that you get a whole bunch of fluffy ones running around soon.
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom