Ugliest Chicken ... ever

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Pixijayne, Feb 1, 2017.

1. Pixijayne

Pixijayne Out Of The Brooder

Jun 13, 2015
    This chick is 13 weeks old .. the size of the palm of my hand and has to be the ugliest thing I have ever seen (almost) ....

This little one was the egg left behind ... I brought it inside kept it warm (down the bra style) and eventually it hatched.

It's mum regected it and I brought it back inside.

It had curled toes with arthritc looking joints, I taped it and it seemed happy enough.

It then developed a problem with its eye, I treted it 2 - 3 times a day for over a month and finally got some antibiotics. The eye is still not what I would call normal, but come to think of it nothing about this chick is normal.

Here is Baby .....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 1, 2017
  2. chameleon

chameleon Chillin' With My Peeps

Hi Pixijayne [​IMG] Thanks for sharing your story and taking such good care of Baby. In the second pic she looks just like a little vulture, she's very cute.

3. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    The different ones are the best to have. Good luck with her!

4. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Glad you were able to keep her going!

5. Lil Peeps

Lil Peeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2016
    I think she is adorable! I bet she is really sweet to, and super grateful for all the extra you did for her to keep her going!

6. summerb123

summerb123 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 26, 2016
    Mississippi
    how cute!

7. Chickenl0v3r

Chickenl0v3r New Egg

Jan 28, 2017
    I think that she is a lovely little chick! I hope you do good with her![​IMG][​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by