Ugly phase

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by fancyfowl4ever, Apr 19, 2008.

1. fancyfowl4ever

fancyfowl4ever Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2008
    Cranbrook, BC, Canada
    Ok, yesterday I was making pics of my 2 Silver blue Ameraucana cockerals and just notice they right now resemble a dinosaur and not a chicken:

This must be one of the ugliest phases when a chicken grows up- just imagen a tail and a few claws on the wings and tada : Archeaopteryx!
    [​IMG]

Do you have any ugly phase chick pics? Or are mine the only ones who go through that stage??

Anna

2. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Awwww......little sweeties. [​IMG] Everybody goes through the same exact thing. I have heard it referred to as their "awkward phase" their "teenage phase", etc. I think it is cute. It gives that geeky little pimply teen feel. Still beautiful, just much easier for their mom to see than anyone else. LOL

3. fancyfowl4ever

fancyfowl4ever Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2008
    Cranbrook, BC, Canada
    They are still a bit young for being teenagers, they were hatched March 24th.

4. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Call it what you want, teenage phase is just one thing I have heard the "ugly" stage called. My point was, it is just a normal phase of being a growing, developing, maturing, chickie. It will last for awhile then they will be gorgeous. [​IMG]

5. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    [​IMG] they are kinda funny looking but they have a certain charm to them at this stage I think

6. love-my-wolves

love-my-wolves Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2008
    Front Royal, VA
    Here's mine I posted on another thread. She still hasn't outgrown it yet. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. antiquebuff

antiquebuff Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2008
    Franklin, NC
    When I first saw that I thought it was one chick with a head on each end! Then I scrolled on down and saw the feet.........That is a precious photo and they are teens! Cute:lau

8. Kanchii

Kanchii Chillin' With My Peeps

Haha gotta love the ugly stages... XD

9. lharper

lharper Out Of The Brooder

Apr 19, 2008
    This is one of my Naked Necks. They are almost 6 weeks. I don't think they ever outgrow the ugly stage!

Oh, looks like a male, would you say??

Lydia

[​IMG]

10. HorseFeathers

HorseFeathers Frazzled

Apr 2, 2008
    Southern Maine
    Quote:[​IMG] no offense, but that's REALLY ugly! [​IMG]

Here's our birds at their "ugly" stage: [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by