Uh-oh! a day early! ;)

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by oldmcdonald56, Apr 9, 2009.

1. oldmcdonald56

oldmcdonald56 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 18, 2009
    We have 6 BR that came from e-bay out of 12 that made it to this stage. So far we have 1 hatching. All four RIR that came from a friend have hatched, and the 2 easter eggs havent done any thing as of the time of this post and we are on day 20! None of them are due until tommorrow! They all seem to be doing fine so far. What did I do wrong?? Also, when can I take them out...most of the ones that haven't hatched are pipping when can I take the chicks out??? The first one hatched about 9 hours ago...

2. warmfuzzies

warmfuzzies Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2009
    Boondocks, Colorado
    I have had two hatches so far, and my biggest number came on day 20 each time. But they were fine. It doesnt mean anything is wrong, I dont think.

Does it??? Now I am wondering..... [​IMG]

3. vfem

vfem Yoga...The Chicken Pose

Aug 4, 2008
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    You didn't do anything wrong to get an early hatcher... long as its healthy!!!! [​IMG]

4. oldmcdonald56

oldmcdonald56 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 18, 2009
    OK. so the eggs are hatching! Yeah us! the humidity got up to 93% so I pulled the vent plugs (I read somewhere they would drowned if it was too high)...what do I let it get down to before I put it back in? It's down to 86% now...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by