1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Uh oh... Chicken Math within striking distance!

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by joneus, Oct 11, 2011.

1. joneus

joneus Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2011
    Ballston Spa
    No sooner had I gotten rid of the last unnecessary roo when the thought popped into my head, "HEY!!! Now I have room for 4 more hens!!!"

And yet, somehow I feel like I'm coming to the complete wrong place to get talked down off of THAT particular ledge, LOL! [​IMG]

2. daver

daver Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2011
    Linden, NC
    [​IMG]

We are in the same boat. I find myself looking around for three or four hens.

Dave

3. jtbrown

jtbrown Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2011
    Southeastern Ohio
    I have managed to stave off buying more this fall by planning for next spring. Thoughts of a broody hen and a sneaky hatch this winter have popped into my head a few times, but the reward of spring chicks seems like a good reason to wait![​IMG]

4. joneus

Apr 2, 2011
    Ballston Spa
    Quote:Yep. I'm trying, really hard, to remember that winter is coming and I have no place to put new chickens until next spring.

Must... hold.... out.... [​IMG]

5. flspnr

flspnr Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2011
    Gibsonton, FL
    I just got 3 new ones. Since, I have 3 bantys that aren't laying so they don't cound at all, and when they do count they'll only count as 1.5 chickens, so I'll still need more since you need at least 2 chickens. Too bad the new ones are 3 weeks old, so they don't count either.... Guess I need more!

Oh, and if you've got room, get them! Oh, wait, you wanted us to say not too? Well, if I had the room, I'd be getting an SLW, a silkie and a Polish....Just sayin'

[​IMG]

6. joneus

Apr 2, 2011
    Ballston Spa
    Quote:[​IMG]

When I called my husband to tell him that the two roos were gone, he said, "YEAY! Now you have room for more! When are you going to get them?"

Hehe! I'm surrounded by enablers! [​IMG]

I can wait until spring... I can wait until spring... I can wait until spring... I can wait until spring... I can wait until... Hmm... if I hatch in November, they'll be feathered out in January and into the coop in February. Thats only 3mos of chickens in my house.... Wait- no. I can wait until Spring... I can wait until Spring... I can wait until spring...

Oy!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by