Uh-Oh Do I have 4 Roosters? We incubated 5 eggs the father is a Red Blue Laced Wyandotte.

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Iwant2begarden, Jan 21, 2015.

1. Iwant2begarden

Iwant2begarden New Egg

Feb 28, 2014
    These chickens are 7 weeks old and I am pretty sure we have 4 roos. My daughter is doing a science fair project to see if she can predict which ones are roos and which one is a hen. Has anyone hatched Red Blue Laced Wyandottes before? Do they feather/grow faster? We would love to hear some guesses on these chicks.

Here are Pegster on the left (mom is gray Andalusian) and Becky on the right (her mom is either a Black Star or an Australorp).
    [​IMG]

Here is a better one of Pegster.
    [​IMG]

Here is Peggy on left (mom is gray Andalusian) and Meggy on the right (mom is a gray Andalusian)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And last but not least: Rowan (mom is Rhode Island Red)
    [​IMG]
    Thanks for any guesses/info!

2. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013

3. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Becky looks like a pullet. The others - [​IMG] Unless, that is, you wanted four cockerels.

4. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Only the bird on the right in this photo looks like a pullet. All the others I think are cockerels.

5. krista74

krista74 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2014
    Victoria, Australia.
    x2

Only one potential pullet in the group I believe.

The others are all showing too much red in their combs, and their wattle development indicates male at that age too.

- Krista

6. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    I agree with the other members. Becky looks like your only pullet. Sorry. :eek:(

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by