Uh oh. Do I have a sneaky cockeral?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by teeville5, Oct 7, 2011.

1. teeville5

teeville5 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2011
    Michigan
    I happened to be looking at the 6 bantams we have earlier today when I noticed that this one wasn't exactly like the other. I thought I had 2 silver sebright pullets, but is it me or is there hackle and saddle feathers on this one? I noticed that this one is a tad bit bigger than the other as well. This 'guy' is about 5 months old, but he isn't anything like my golden sebright roo. Mr. Peanut is hen feathered, but this one isn't. Also, I've known Mr. Peanut was a roo for months now and this one always had a pullet look until I was really watching them today. I couldn't get a good head shot, but it looks like a miniature sebright roo comb with the single pointed top. I've never heard a crow or attempt to crow and I've never actually seen any of my roos mate with this one either. So what does everyone think? And if you're in agreement then what breed is this one because it isn't following the sebright standard? Thanks.

[​IMG]

2. AccentOnHakes

AccentOnHakes Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 2, 2009
    Yep, that's a roo.

3. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    yes!

4. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    i would have to say you are right about those feathers on HIM

5. teeville5

teeville5 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2011
    Michigan
    Darn, that's what I thought. I really had bad luck picking out those bantams.

Any idea as to breed?

6. hdowden

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    looks like a silver sebright mix never seen such long hackle and saddle feathers on a pure seabright although i could be wrong

7. ChickensAreSweet

ChickensAreSweet Heavenly Grains for Hens

Last edited: Oct 7, 2011
  8. hdowden

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    almost looks like hair

9. hdowden

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    Quote:i just looked at that site plus other pics and no seabright pic i have seen have such long hackle and saddle feathers

10. ChickensAreSweet

ChickensAreSweet Heavenly Grains for Hens

Quote:i just looked at that site plus other pics and no seabright pic i have seen have such long hackle and saddle feathers

Lol I agree with you and had just edited my above post. I'm stepping out of the thread now....just wanted to give the OP that website since I love it so much!!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by