Uh oh! Hanky Panky in the Henhouse! What am I??????

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Momma_Cluck, Apr 30, 2009.

1. Momma_Cluck

Momma_Cluck Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2008
    N. West Michigan
    LOL!
    Ok-- here's the story....
    I REALLY wanted more EE/Ameracaunas... My favorite Gal was killed a while back, leaving me only one hen and a big beautiful Roo... along with many other hens of different breeds, and a few Silkie Roo's, a Sebright Roo and 2 tiny lil' Old English Bantam Roo's....

None of the Roo's fight-- so they run loose with the Girls (for now) Except the EE/Ameracauna Roo-- since he is SO much bigger and Hurts the Bantam Hens-- PLUS the other Males all attack him...
    HE lives in a big dog kennel in the center of the coop....

I put my 2 "Ideal 126" Gals ( a cross of white leghorn and California whites) and My EE gal in with him for 3 days... then collected all their eggs for a week to hatch... along with several nice looking brown eggs "just for fun"... not knowing who laid them or if they'd even hatch.

Well- of 8 EE Eggs, 4 hatched beautifully with a couple being chubby-cheeked "bearded" babies....
    Of 8 "Ideals" 4 hatched, all with perfect "Californian" spots (the Moms do not have them!) BUT they have extra toes and feathered feet!!!

Of 15 brown eggs, only 5 hatched-- ALL are little black chicks... 4 with extra toes, some with feathered feet some not...
    ONE has white wing tips, white chest, the "usual" # of toes... but has black legs & feet with pink toes!!!!

Here are the only "Black" hens I own...
    Australorp, Turken, and a Black silkie-- but it was NOT a Bantam egg... I also have Silver-laced wyandottes who, If I remember correctly, started as black and white "penguin" chicks...

any Ideas on the "Combo" that created THIS little goober?
    I've never seen toes like this! LOL!!

(sorry the picture isn't better!)

[​IMG]

Most of the Brood......
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 30, 2009
  2. blessedchickenmama7

blessedchickenmama7 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2008
    Western NC
    I have no idea, but they sure are cute! I want some more Ameracaunas, too!!

3. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    the spotted one on the right sure looks like a silkiex

4. Chicky Tocks

Chicky Tocks [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2666.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Ru

Oct 20, 2008
    Benton, Arkansas
    My little black cochin EE crosses toes look like that! Except they're legs are green all the way down and the toes are orange like that! It's oddly attractive.

5. jakmallex

jakmallex Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2008
    NC
    Looks just like my cochin/Australorp mix as a baby.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by