Uh Oh! Out of starter

lswatson111304

Songster
10 Years
Sep 18, 2009
Milano, TX
Until I go to town tomorrow. I was sick in the hospital this past weekend and DH and I didn't think to run to the feed store for more start &Grow. I just fed them what was left. I have a bag of scratch, can they eat that until I go to town tomorrow? They are 4-6 weeks old.

I started feeding my RIR chick some scratch(same as I feed my chickens) when she was 4 weeks old and it doesn't seem to bother her. She loves it so you shouldn't have a problem!

Yeah, we have household foods! LOL I guess I'm unsure of what is a better option? The scratch? Or scrounging up bread and eggs, and rice. Or whatever?
Also since this weekend they have been devouring their food. DH fed them every day, so its not like they went without while I was at the hospital. Maybe without as much affection, but not without food. Now they are eating it all till its gone and their crops are full. Or I'm assuming that is what they are doing. Whats up with that?

And since they're eating things other than their crumble feed, make sure they have chick grit available at all times.

smile.png

Rice, scrambled eggs, bread crumbles, shredded cheese, and fresh fruits are a favorite around here!

I would think that for only one day, it wouldn't matter a ton which you gave them, as long as they have food. If it was a week or something, then I'd be more picky.

Back
Top Bottom