Uh oh! Picture issues! :(

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by 77horses, Dec 18, 2008.

1. 77horses

77horses ◊The Spontaneous Pullet!◊

Aug 19, 2008
    [CONFIDENTIAL]
    OK, so i have been using the BYC Image Hosting thing to post pictures. Well, today when i went to upload a photo, this is what i found....
    Upload image
    Select image to upload

Use this form to upload an image for use on the forum.

Your usage:
    119% of 2MB
    100%

WARNING: You have reached your upload limit.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    What now??? How in the world can I post pics of when I hatch some baby chicks out this Spring??? I don't get how to use Photobucket so that's not an option. It was so easy to use it with the BYC thing! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    HELP! [​IMG]
    Thanks!
    (P.S. I HAD NO IDEA WHERE TO PUT THIS, SO SINCE IT'S ABOUT ME POSTING PICS OF BABY CHICKS AND I CAN'T, I THOUGHT THIS FORUM WOULD BE BEST! Sorry if this is in the wrong forum!!!!) [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 18, 2008
  2. swtangel321

swtangel321 ~Crazy Egg Lady~

Jul 11, 2008
    From what Ive heard photobucket is pretty easy to use !!

3. waynesgarden

waynesgarden Feathers of Steel

Mar 30, 2008
    Oxford County
    Delete some old photos?

Just a thought.

Wayne

4. sunnydee

sunnydee Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2008
    Maine
    I was wondering the same thing! I didn't find a place where I could delete them? [​IMG]

5. swtangel321

swtangel321 ~Crazy Egg Lady~

Jul 11, 2008
    you can only use so much space on BYC then you need to use another upload server !!

There is info on this under FAQ

Last edited: Dec 18, 2008
  6. Three Cedars Silkies

Three Cedars Silkies Overrun With Chickens

Apr 17, 2008
    Gainesville, Fl.
    Yeah...you've got to delete some of the older pics that you posted on older threads.

I recommend Picasa. It's by Google and is free. It has a fantastic photo editor and you have LOTS of room to upload photos to your "web albums". Just type Picasa in a Google search and then click upload.

7. aiwetir

aiwetir Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 28, 2008
    portland, or
    on the bottom right there is a link to manage your uploads

8. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

A few options:

1) Use photobucket or another photo host
    2) Delete some of the larger images (WARNING - Once deleted they will go missing from anywhere you've posted them)
    3) Stay tuned because in the next little while we hope to provide options for our members to upload more images.

I'll move this to the feedback section so others with the same problem can learn.

9. Justino

Justino ♪♫ Rockin' Rooster ♪♫

Dec 21, 2007
    KY
    there's plenty of waaay easy photo uploading sites out there..... id say to just go look around [​IMG]

10. 77horses

77horses ◊The Spontaneous Pullet!◊

Aug 19, 2008
    [CONFIDENTIAL]
    Thanks to everyone who answered! [​IMG] And thanks Nifty for moving this for me; i didn't know where to put it! [​IMG]
    Thanks again!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by