Uh oh...

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by whillergee, Aug 7, 2010.

1. whillergee

whillergee Out Of The Brooder

Nov 28, 2009
    Oakland, CA
    This morning I actually heard my DH say "Let's get a few more chickens - I want some more breeds." This from the guy who obligingly but with a bit of eye-rolling built a coop and humored my chicken yearnings... Not sure what I'll do if he gets chicken addicted -- we're at the limit of six for our city! At least, I think that's the limit... UH OH

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

I won't tell.

3. E.G.Glayer

E.G.Glayer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2009
    Blanchester OH
    Rules were made to be broken.[​IMG]

4. imtc

imtc Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 30, 2008
    they sure catch on...lol. Last easter my feed store had a little "egg hunt" for kids and in one of our plastic ones was "get a free duck" paper slip. DH was ready to pick one out to bring home. I actually talked him out of it mainly because we don't have a set up for them and I've heard they are A LOT messier than chickens...lol. Hmmmm.....How bad are they really? Do they do well alone or always need a buddy? I might get a couple one day...just need to organize my yard and make a friendly area for them (like a little pond)

5. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    Time to start looking for a place out in the country. [​IMG]

6. cat_named_noodles

cat_named_noodles Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2009
    Wimberley, TX
    Quote:X2 [​IMG]

7. magistradomina

magistradomina Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 6, 2010
    Where I live.
    E.G.Glayer :

Rules were made to be broken.[​IMG]

[​IMG] That is soo wrong!​

8. whillergee

whillergee Out Of The Brooder

Nov 28, 2009
    Oakland, CA
    Quote:I like the way you think... ! Now-- any pointers on how to convince DH that we should save up for a nice country spread if we can ever retire?

9. harveyhorses

harveyhorses Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2010
    Six per household or six each? I mean 6 is just not very many, subdivide your house and his half can have 6 and your half can have 6. Problem solved. (until #13 comes along)[​IMG]

10. columbiacritter

columbiacritter Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 7, 2008
    Scappoose Oregon
    Be careful! Mine didn't want chickens, wouldn't even help me build the first coop now he's got 2 flocks of show birds, 6 ducks and an incubator full of eggs!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by