uh oh..

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by grace6691, Jul 28, 2008.

1. grace6691

grace6691 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 20, 2008
    GA
    So I canceled my order with MPC and even received a confirmation, but today I got an email from them saying they were shipping today! Uh oh.. I guess I have room for a few more chicks and I think the order only had 5 but still.. I thought the order was canceled. Do you think the chicks will be alright in the one week old ones I just got from Ideal?

2. arlee453

arlee453 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2007
    near Charlotte NC
    Well, if the do arrive, they should be OK with the 1wk olds unless you have a real bully in the older group.

Is there such a thing as too many chickens??? LOL [​IMG]

3. grace6691

Jun 20, 2008
    GA
    Well to be honest, I would have no problem with some more chicks haha, I just don't know about my parents.. hmm. We'll only have 18 though once those arrive, and we're going to get rid of the 6 roosters we have eventually, so that's barely any! There really is no such thing as too many chickens hahaha [​IMG]

4. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    I put my new babys in with my one week olds and they were just fine. The little ones in fact were picking on the bigger ones for the day...then after all the pecking was over they are now living in harmony together no fighting or pecking at all.

5. kinnip

kinnip Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2008
    Carrollton, GA
    Well, if you just can't keep 'em, I'll take 'em. [​IMG]

6. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    HEY so does that mean you get them free!?

7. grace6691

Jun 20, 2008
    GA
    Jeez I wish they were free! MPC is so pricey!

8. vicki2x2

vicki2x2 Super Chick

Feb 9, 2008
    Central Michigan
    Quote:They should be free. You canceled the order, you have a confirmation it was canceled. It is their mistake and you are NOT obligated to pay for their mistake. I would make sure they DO NOT CHARGE YOU or if they have, that they reimburse you immediately!!

9. grace6691

Jun 20, 2008
    GA
    I don't have proof though, I deleted my emails a while ago when my memory got too full, so I don't have them anymore. I'll talk to them about it though hopefully they'll give me my money back.

10. vicki2x2

vicki2x2 Super Chick

Feb 9, 2008
    Central Michigan
    They probably have it in their system. Have you tried going through your deleted emails (trash)? I have done it before and recovered accidently deleted mail.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by