1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Uh...when EXACTLY do roos start to do, uh, 'you know' ? lol

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by 4H kids and mom, May 14, 2007.

1. 4H kids and mom

4H kids and mom Cooped Up

Mar 10, 2007
    Southern Wisconsin
    Uh, I will try to edit this to make it appropriate for all ages, but I believe one of my roos tried to..."service" me! lol [​IMG]

At barely 10 weeks, I thought I had awhile before I had to worry about all THAT kinda nonsence! Was I wrong?

I was sitting outside with the goats and chickies, and Big Red comes strutting over to me. I put my hand down to pick him up and he hopped up on my hand and proceeded to.....well, do the "roo" thing to my hand! I quite quickly laughed and shook him off, but he kept coming back! He tried this on my knee while I was sitting, then I got up and he tried it on my shoe. [​IMG]

Then I'd finally had enough of being molested (lol) and called ChickenDuck over. ChickenDuck doesn't like the other boys to be by me (he gets jealous!), so when he saw Red, he gave him a harsh reminder all the way back to the coop to that effect, and then came to make sure I was OK with his gentle coos. I gave him a snuggle and then went inside to, well, wash the 'icky' off my hand and other areas. lol I'm sorry but the whole thing is as hilarious as it is annoying!

I thought it was awhile yet until the roos began doing 'roo' things! Guess I was sadly mistaken! Geez...I wanted the roos to like me....but this is extreme! lol

2. cookinmom

cookinmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2007
    Saint George GA
    Well, 4HMom, it sounds like they start at about 10 weeks! [​IMG] I was afraid you were gonna say it was Chickenduck that was the culprit. He is so funny!

3. chknman79

chknman79 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 25, 2007
    Crossville,TN
    I don't know tha answer to your question but had to agree that it was funny. I would like to know the answer as well since I have chickens that are 8 weeks today and some of them are roosters. Is that about the same time (when they start to "like" the hens) that you have to separate the roosters so they won't fight each other. I think out of 17 chicks 6-7 are roosters.

4. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

4Hmom.....im sorry, but I was ROFLMAO when I read that. I know, sick....but also very funny! Guess they do "love" you![​IMG]

5. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    Hilarious! and eeww! lol

6. Keisha

Keisha Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2007
    Iowa
    Thats funny and so wrong at the same time.. I sure hope that never happens tome. lol I take it he really likes you.

7. steffpeck

steffpeck Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2007
    Erda, UT
    That just makes me laugh!! What breed is ChickenDuck?? I think he is just awesome!!

8. Buckguy20

Buckguy20 OKIE MOSES

Apr 13, 2007
    Choctaw Oklahoma
    When they try that stuff with me I just whack their pecker, uh I mean beak with a stick.

9. 4H kids and mom

4H kids and mom Cooped Up

Mar 10, 2007
    Southern Wisconsin
    When they try that stuff with me I just whack their pecker....

[​IMG] <<Falls out of the chair laughing>> [​IMG]

Now THATS funny! [​IMG]

steffpeck...ChickenDuck is an Easter Egger roo. The roo who tried (well, suceeded actually! LOL) to do the 'nasty' with my hand, leg, foot (lol) is an Ameraucana. They're all the same age (10 weeks today!) and I just thought it would be closer to the time my gals start laying before I saw any of this stuff in my boys! Guess I under estimate them! lol [​IMG]

I'm still laughing about the whole thing, as gross as it was! I told the DH when he came home and all he said was "Well, I do hope you washed up afterwards..." with a totally straight face, and THAT sent me into histerics all over again! And then he made the comment that both sickened me and had me rolling on the floor laughing until tears ran down my face....

Still straight faced, he looks off like he's thinking and asks me..."Wonder if people'd buy chicken milk...?"

OMG! I laughed so hard I nearly wet myself! (For the younger members here, I senserely appologize! If you dont understand it, then you are more pure and innocent than I am!) For those of you who 'got' it, I appologize for most likely causing you to fall out of your chair or spit coffee onto your computer! lol [​IMG]

10. bayouchica

bayouchica Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2007
    N.E. Louisiana
    That's so funny [​IMG] makes me think of that old song "Looking for love in all the wrong places" LOL
    Miriam

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by