Uhg....goign to be a looooong day

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Black Feather, Jan 28, 2009.

1. Black Feather

Black Feather Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2007
    Uhg, ever have one of those days when you get to the office and you just know it's going to be a long one?

I'm having one right now. I started looking at the clock at 9:00am....not a good sign.

At least I can hang out with fellow BYC'ers. Now, if only I could bring a chicken to work....now that would be fun!

Urban Coyote

2. English Chick

English Chick English Mum

Jun 27, 2008
    Cheshire UK
    Opps yes know exactly what you mean........

3. Rhett&SarahsMom

Rhett&SarahsMom Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2008
    yup. Some days FLY right on by.
    Others. Not so much.

4. HorseFeathers

HorseFeathers Frazzled

Apr 2, 2008
    Southern Maine
    Rhett&SarahsMom :

Others. Not so much.

Especially those days where math and gym directly follow each other [​IMG]

5. wegotchickens

wegotchickens DownSouth D'Uccles & Silkies

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    You have my empathy, Urban Coyote!
    My long day started before I even left the house.
    Said something to DD1 that I regret. She was sniping at me and I lost it.
    So now I gotta feel bad until I can talk to her and apologize for hurting her feelings. Knowing full well that teenage hormones dictate that the apology will be thrown back in my face.

And then I get to work and find there are at least 4 new piles on my desk that I do not have the attention span to deal with right now ~sigh~

6. Black Feather

Apr 20, 2007
    I think my 'long dragging day' is the result of staying up way too late to attend an evening course and the impending storm that's due to hit this evening. So, I'm tired and want to go home to make sure everything is in order for the storm. Looks like it's going to be a multiple cup of tea day today.

UC

7. wegotchickens

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    What kind of tea?
    I'm drinking Earl Gray, but really wish I had some "Awake".

8. Black Feather

Apr 20, 2007
    Just the typical orange peko red rose brand. I don't drink coffee so have tea instead. Although I have bought some gourmet hot chocolate lately....yummmm....it's good. Had a cup this morning when I got into work.

9. wegotchickens

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    Don't know that I've ever seen red rose brand.

I don't drink coffe either. But I have always loved tea, unsweetened. I like cocoa, too. But here lately the instant kind just tastes... ick [​IMG]

To add to my day, it is raining here. And the window sill in my office leaks. So I have a big white bucket and my chicken mug catching the flood. My plants are already well saturated. It really is gonna be a looooonnnng day [​IMG]

10. Black Feather

Apr 20, 2007
    That's why I go for the gourmet hot chocolate mix [​IMG] it's head and shoulders above the cheap stuff. I find the cheap stuff more sugary than rich in chocolate flavor.

Well, the day has perked up a bit. We had a staff lunch as a part of a workplace theme week. We got some nice prizes and nifty things to try. I got a new hat, water bottle, protein energy bar, and a lovely free lunch of chili [​IMG] Not bad if I do say-so myself.

Now I just have to get through the afternoon and I'll be all set. From what I hear though the storm heading my way is a nasty one.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by