Uhg, it's going to be one of those days...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Black Feather, Feb 20, 2009.

1. Black Feather

Black Feather Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2007
    It's just one of those days where I woke up cranky. Ok, I didn't wake up cranky, my cat woke me up. I have the day off, you'd think I would be thrilled, but all I can do is look around my place and see the huge mess! All the dirt me and the dog tracked in over the week, all the pet hair EVERYWHERE! I got on the scales this week when I thought the old diet was going well, and I had gained weight. I tried to clean up the bathroom a little and everything promptly fell out of the closet when I started putting it in. The horse barn is a huge mess after the horses have been in due to a storm, and there's a huge hairball over by the litter box that needs to be cleaned up......it's just not going to be a a fun day at all!

*sigh*

I suppose I should go start cleaning up.....

2. Buster

Buster Back to Work

[​IMG]

3. I have WHAT in my yard?

I have WHAT in my yard? Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2008
    Eggberg, PA
    I'm with you! I have company coming later today and what with the weather and illness and DD hurting her back the house looks like a tornado hit it. DH was supposed to be home today, but no now he won't get home til later this afternoon...... Just in time to see the company, not to clean for it! [​IMG]

And the "tide" is in if you get my drift and I am fighting off the cold the kids have had all week.

Lets just moan together and maybe we can give each other some motivation to clean??

4. mcg30_40

mcg30_40 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2008
    alabama
    My poor husband has been putting up with me in one of those moods for two days, bless his heart. He has gone out of town for the day so maybe I can get some cleaning done today and get myself in a better mood.

5. Black Feather

Apr 20, 2007
    BUT I DON'T WANT TO SPEND THE REST OF MY LIFE CLEANING! The barn is a mess, the house is a mess....uhg...

Sorry, just had to say that.

I love my pets, but they can be sooo destructive. I don't want to live in a shabby house, but the cats claw everything! The doorways and the furniture get it the worst. Half my furniture has worn areas where they have clawed it half to death. They track the litter from the litter box everywhere! The mess, the hair, arrrr!!!

I don't know how you moms out there do it with pets and kids!

Well, here's the checklist of 'done' so far.

Got a load in the wash
    De-haired 1/2 of one chair... Should probably wash the blanket cover that hides the cat claw damage..
    Kicked the dog out so I can vacuum..

Last edited: Feb 20, 2009
  6. RockyToggRanch

RockyToggRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2008
    Upstate NY
    Just think about how GREAT you'll feel when you've accomplished those things. I love crossing things off my TO DO list. I have the same problem getting started. Lets all meet back here at lunch time and check in.

I was supposed to work today, but we got 2 feet of snow overnight another foot expected today and yet another tonight. I'll work Sunday instead.

I'm gonna go brush my teeth and put on some sweats. Light some smelly candles and find some music. Then...let the cleaning begin!

7. what was i thinking

what was i thinking Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2008
    cny ny
    Quote:2 feet so far, we got about six inches. ya cleaning is the plan for today. i did some in the barn last night so they could stay in there for the storm. went to the store got lots of yummy stuff to make today. chicken wing dip and brownies. so i will clean, bake and eat.... everyone stay warm.

8. RockyToggRanch

RockyToggRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2008
    Upstate NY
    Talk about a "drag". Hauling water bucket to the barn when the snow is that deep and the buckets drag in the snow.

Okay, I have to go clean....right after I play with the baby ducks:)

9. I have WHAT in my yard?

I have WHAT in my yard? Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2008
    Eggberg, PA
    NO snow for us but bitter cold and extremely windy. I keep looking at the property and seeing the millions of small branches that will need to be picked up. That and I swore that I was going to get the grape arbor trimmed this winter (You're supposed to do it in Jan) but of course I didn't.

Anyone know when you can/should trim forsythia?? I know it is good after the first bloom, but can I do it sooner?? I have the forsythia that ate Landenberg!

10. Black Feather

Apr 20, 2007
    Sounds good. I'll check in at lunch time and give a progress report. Noon hour for me is in two hours.

Urban Coyote

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by