1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Uhhh Turkey Chicken Crosses...

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by call ducks, Oct 30, 2011.

1. call ducks

call ducks silver appleyard addict

Mar 4, 2009
    waterville , canada
    Hey All,

About 2-3 weeks ago i hatched off some off coloured faverolles, but it is now clear that they are not faverolles. (bantams) so what are the chances that a young tom, or my old eastern wild turkey could breed a bantam and then they hatch? They are feathering out with a Eastern Wild pattern. And the young tom is the only other male thing that "vists" that pen (ie can get in but not out)

2. Judy

Judy Moderator Staff Member

Feb 5, 2009
    South Georgia
  3. BarefootMom

BarefootMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2010
    Half Way, Missouri
    post pictures!

[​IMG] please!

4. call ducks

Mar 4, 2009
    waterville , canada
    OK, i well get pictures! I can tell you that they are certinly not as friendly as turkey poults [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. kfacres

kfacres Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2011
    they don't look so out of the ordinary to me...'

I'd say that your Sal fav's, really aren't pure.

6. call ducks

Mar 4, 2009
    waterville , canada
    Quote:Nope, salmon faverolles chicks are yellow, and they are pure, ive checked with the breeder i got this pair from

7. kfacres

kfacres Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2011
    Quote:Nope, salmon faverolles chicks are yellow, and they are pure, ive checked with the breeder i got this pair from

pure is in the eye of the beholder. How many generations did this 'breeder' have these birds for? What other breeds do they raise..

You know, thinking like a very novice person... how many toes do these chicks have?

8. call ducks

Mar 4, 2009
    waterville , canada

pure is in the eye of the beholder. How many generations did this 'breeder' have these birds for? What other breeds do they raise..

You know, thinking like a very novice person... how many toes do these chicks have?

Breeder has had them for 15+ Years. I belive 5 but have not looked.

Heres a picture of a wild turkey poult [​IMG] (althoeugh it's not one i have taken). I Do not have a rooster any wheres that colour at all!

9. kari_dawn

kari_dawn Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 2, 2009
    North Texas
    I thought that even crossing a standard roo over a bantam hen would result in chicks outgrowing their eggs long before hatch...I kinda doubt a turkey crossed over a bantam would create a sucessful hatch. Can we have better pics of your chicks? Side view, front view, feet, etc?

10. call ducks

Mar 4, 2009
    waterville , canada
    Quote:That's what i would have thought to. I am not sure if i can get better picks, if i let them go they well run around the basement

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by