Uhoh picture heavy! new pics of my d'uccles and barred rocks

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Kanchii, Feb 2, 2008.

1. Kanchii

Kanchii Chillin' With My Peeps

I took some new pictures of some of my babies today, mainly my young trio of mille fleur d'uccles and bantam barred rocks, and I thought I'd share with you!

Up first is Fabio, my barred rock cockerel. He's gotten much sweeter since we've had him thanks to daily cuddle sessions!
    [​IMG]

Next is Fabio's girlfriend, who I just realized we haven't named. We've just been calling her Fabio's girlfriend, haha. She lacks a good tail, hers hangs down too much. Fabio's could be higher too, but its getting better as he ages. But we're going to be buying a couple nice pullets soon that will have better tails so we can improve on our breed.
    [​IMG]

Here is Rambo, my little d'uccle roo. All my d'uccles are about 13 weeks old now, so he still has a lot of maturing to do, but his saddle feathers started coming in, and he's gotten very shiny neck feathers, I can't stop cuddling him! He's my little stud muffin, we hit it off as soon as he popped out of the shell(a full day before his siblings). He just started crowing! I'm still trying to get his little squeeky toy crow on tape.
    [​IMG]

Next is Girly. Girly is, quite frankly, the sweetest, calmest pullet ever. She just stands there and looks up at you curiously when you come over, and holds perfectly still while you pick her up, and lays there making content sounds while you pet her. She's awesome, I can't get enough of her! Since she's so cute she gets three pictures posted ;P
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] "what'cha doing, mama?"
    [​IMG] "why'd you stop petting?"

Last but not least is Freckles. She's gotten alot sweeter lately!
    [​IMG]

Hope you enjoyed the pictures!

2. line-rat

line-rat Out Of The Brooder

Nov 7, 2007
    west central ohio
    Nice looking birds.[​IMG]

3. CarlaRiggs

CarlaRiggs Chillin' With My Peeps

They are all *cute* [​IMG]
    Why city councilmen can't see that these are sweet pets, and not just 'agricultural' animals is beyond me! [​IMG]

4. Stormhorse23

Stormhorse23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 22, 2007
    Indiana
    the second to last pic is so pretty. i love your barred rock roo!

5. fallenweeble

fallenweeble Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 4, 2007
    neat!
    those DUs are just stunning. i love the color and the makrings - sooooo pretty.

lucky lucky you![​IMG]

6. Justino

Justino ♪♫ Rockin' Rooster ♪♫

Dec 21, 2007
    KY
    Fabio's girlfriend has HUGE eyes compared to mine [​IMG]

7. Kanchii

Kanchii Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Really? How strange!

And thanks guys! I love my little feathered children <3

8. RedStickLA

RedStickLA Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2007
    South Louisiana
    [​IMG] Awww I love the bantam barred rocks and the "what'cha doing, mama?" pic is too cute! they are all so pretty!
    Mitzi

9. hensdeliverthegoods

hensdeliverthegoods Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2007
    Catawba County, NC
    My goodness, what lovely birds! I do think the d'Uccles are some of the prettiest. Thanks for showing us your cuties! [​IMG]

10. Blondie

Blondie Chillin' With My Peeps

Great pics!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by