UK Based Goose Insurance?

Leader Bee

Songster
Jun 22, 2018
Odd question maybe but as I'd be keeping geese as pets I'd be looking for pet insurance for them.
Most pet insurers here in the UK seem to provide for cats and dogs which is to be expected but I have found others that deal in "exotics" though Geese don't seem to be listed here.

Does anybody have any experience with pet insurance for geese, any info would be super helpful.

Thanks!

Some years ago I called a pet insurance company and got a quote for my pet goose and two cats. They took a couple of days coming up with the price for the goose, but it was actually a lot cheaper than insuring a cat. The company is called Agria and they specialize in pet insurance, but I think they only cover Scandinavia.

I never got the insurance, though, as they required a health certificate from the vet on the cats because they were older than four years, and one of them flunked due to his weight. I put him on a diet, it didn't work, and much later I found out a neighbor was feeding him!

I have new and younger cats now, and I'm seriously considering insuring them along with the geese - just haven't got around to it.

Thanks for that; I've seen poultry insurance but that seemed geared towards actual farmers which isn't me. I might just decide it's better to put aside a little money into an account each month than all the trouble insurance seems like it will be to get.

Back
Top Bottom