UK chicken lovers?

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by chookiemama, Oct 12, 2011.

1. chookiemama

chookiemama New Egg

Oct 12, 2011
    HI, Any UK chicken lovers out there? Everyone seems to be in the USA! Fantastic site though, great for helping me out. Still a newbie to the chicken world, and need all the help I can get. [​IMG]

2. LittleChickenLady

LittleChickenLady Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2011
    Clanton, Alabama
    [​IMG]

My boyfriend and I want to move to the UK soooo bad.

Feel free to PM me anytime if you have questions.
    If I can't help, I can point you in the right direction. [​IMG]

3. kays chicks

kays chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 12, 2012
    Derby UK
    hi cookiemama , im from derby uk my name is kay welcome to backyarders everyone i speak to are lovely and helpful . where are you from ?

4. layalittleeggfo

layalittleeggfo Out Of The Brooder

Oct 20, 2012
    nice to find 2 UK peeps :)

im in manchester, new to chickens had them about 9weeks, came onhere for some advice on a hen we though was a cockerel and it is, uploaded the pics of our 3 other hens to find out we have a 50/50 split 2 hens 2 cockerels, im trying to rehome the cockerels but so far no look,

do you know of anywhere???

Anna

5. kays chicks

Jul 12, 2012
    Derby UK
    hi anna , try an advert on preloved or pets4homes i always lookon there and i have bought some from people off there . i do know a farm in doncaster but maybe to far for you to travel , she will have them for free . i have just got rid of my silkie roo to a small holding near me i just knocked on there door and she said to bring him tomo which im pleased about . they have all sorts kay

6. klondike24680

klondike24680 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 6, 2012
    Sheridan' Wyoming
    My Coop
    Hey my name is Gina Ringley and I come from a long history of british reletives, I own chickens now in wyoming but only 3.

7. kays chicks

Jul 12, 2012
    Derby UK
    hi gina , i was told only 3 , ........husband ' i wouldnt get anymore than 3 kay ' lol i have on last count 25 and 7 eggs due to hatch today [​IMG] husband has given in as he loves them [​IMG]

8. layalittleeggfo

Oct 20, 2012
    hi

found a good home for them both in macclesfield they will go to live their cockerel days free range with a load of hens :) taking them this week

now need the look out for 3 more hens asap approx the same age as the 2 remaining hens are now

9. kays chicks

Jul 12, 2012
    Derby UK
    try pets4homes and preloved if you want more hens , there is always a nice selection on there , my roo goes to a farm today :0( would keep if i lived in the country , im just waiting to win the lotto lol

10. layalittleeggfo

Oct 20, 2012
    yeah been on prelved

will be picking 3 more up this weekend, hopefully all will be hens

mine are mixed breeds have you all gone for pure breeds so to speak??

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by