UK Fenton Blues and Blue Belles

QuillPen

In the Brooder
12 Years
Jan 23, 2008
West Virginia
Is anyone familiar with these chickens?

I found the name "Fenton Blue" in a book I have and looked it up on line. This is the site:

www.fentonpoultry.co.uk

Acording to my book, this is a hybrid that lays soft blue and green eggs. IMO, it's a really pretty bird.

Fenton Poultry also has Blue Belles that are descibed as being a "blue bird that lays a brown egg with a plum blush". I think I've seen them elsewhere on line, but again, in the UK.

I wish there was a supplier of British chicken breeds. Maybe there is? (Wish!!) They have great varieties, I think.

I thought it would it be neat if we Mountaineers had Fenton Blues in our flocks, just like we have the Fenton Glass Factory in our state!
wink.png

Last edited:
Boy, you just can't find them anywhere else
tongue.png
I looked and looked. Can you get birds shipped from the UK, or are customs too strict?

Oh I love those Fenton blues. From my understanding there is no importing birds from the UK, but if you find out differently, please post on here!!

It must be their own breed. I cannot really find it anywhere else and the name of their farm is Fenton. The Cream Legbar that it is bred from also lays blue eggs and from what I gather is a mix of Leghorn, Barred Rocks, EEs and something crested ????? Maybe you could breed your own ???? If you could just know the formula
hu.gif

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cream_Legbar here is some more info. But apparently these too are an UK breed
tongue.gif
Maybe you could set out to breed together the breeds used to create Legbars...
yippiechickie.gif
Maybe you could get lucky
wink.png

Guess that avian flu crap has their panties in a bunch. They're banned all importing from just about everywhere! Not that it matters much since there's a $15 a day fee and a min of 30 days
tongue.png
But, I am interested to see if there are breeders already here in the US that are just obscure enough to stay off the radar.

Do import/export rules apply to eggs, too? Is avian flu passed to offspring through the egg?

I don't know much about eggs, other than my grandma, my mom and, now, I pull that long, tough thing off of the yolk before we mix it in something!
lol.png

I digress.
hmm.png

Would the eggs be too long in transit to hatch or would they get too shaken up travelling so far?

I know there was someone that imported marans eggs from the UK a few years back. The crests come from the UK araucaunas, they have a different standard than we do. You could probably create them, having legbars would be great because they are an auto sexing breed, in other words, a pure breeding sexlink.

Back
Top Bottom