*UK* Looking for good incubators for Quail Eggs

Discussion in 'Outside Of U.S. - Other Countries Should List BST ' started by MageofMist, Feb 2, 2017.

1. MageofMist

MageofMist Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 9, 2016
    Britain
    ((Brought an incubator a while back, forgot this was still here XD))

I am a hobbyist Quail owner and I am looking for a good incubator. I cannot find any good cheap ones online and am hoping for someone either to offer one or point me towards a good place to get one.

Pretty much anything will do, even a styrofoam box incubator would be suitable, as I don't have the materials to make my own. Once I have a good Incubator, then I will be able to order hatching eggs and incubate my own from my quails to expand my flock when the aviary is built.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2017
  2. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    1 person likes this.
  3. MageofMist

MageofMist Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 9, 2016
    Britain
    Took a look and the auto-turning ones are still quite a bit pricey for me, but thank you for the link! ^^
    I have basically looked everywhere, including the main ones such as Amazon, Ebay and Gumtree.

4. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    I'm afraid the ones with auto turn tend to be more expensive. I know it's not option for you but spending more really does get you more reliability for a good hatch and it's far less stress whilst incubating.
    I have a cheap Chinese one that I bought as my first incubator. It was about £40 from eBay but is very basic and often erratic. No auto turn, temp reads wrong and no humidity read out at all. I had to get a seperate thermometer and hygrometer and it needs a lot of babysitting. If you have the time and patience though they can be ok once you get to know the machine and their quirky ways. I only use it as a hatcher now if I have eggs on different days of incubation.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. snow5164

snow5164 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2015
    Canada
    I have a brinsea mini advance auto turn used once , you can buy a quail egg size tray..

I paid $225 , but I'd be happy with $125 plus shipping ..... I'm in Canada I have no idea what it would cost to ship,

Sheila

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by