Ultimate Chicken Coop

Gail Adams

Hatching
Jun 9, 2020
I am considering purchasing the Ultimate Chicken Coop. I live in the foothills of Southern California on a third of an acre. I have a space large enough for the Ultimate Coop and a run, between the back of my hardware-cloth surrounded raised beds and the back concrete wall. I have a wonderful catio, made of galvanized coated steel, and am thinking of putting that and ¼ inch hardware-cloth on the two ends and the top, for protection. Although the chickens will have the run of the backyard, I wonder about heat in the Ultimate Coop (remember that this is Southern California. There are plenty of trees for shade during the day. Here is my backyard view.

Attachments

• 1591727426562.jpeg
    1591727426562.jpeg
    860.2 KB · Views: 38

Gail Adams

Hatching
Jun 9, 2020
I am considering purchasing the Ultimate Chicken Coop. I live in the foothills of Southern California on a third of an acre. I have a space large enough for the Ultimate Coop and a run, between the back of my hardware-cloth surrounded raised beds and the back concrete wall. I have a wonderful catio, made of galvanized coated steel, and am thinking of putting that and ¼ inch hardware-cloth on the two ends and the top, for protection. Although the chickens will have the run of the backyard, I wonder about heat in the Ultimate Coop (remember that this is Southern California. There are plenty of trees for shade during the day. Here is my backyard view.

rosemarythyme

Scarborough Fair
Premium Feather Member
Jul 3, 2016
WA, Pac NW
My Coop
My Coop
:eek: Wow that is pricey. How many chickens are you planning to get? For once I agree with manufacturer, that holds about 4. I don't agree that it's "well ventilated" because all I see are some small slits and plastic can retain heat.

For hotter climates, an open air build is what I'd recommend. This is an example of a pretty large one: https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/texas-coop-build-pic-heavy.1371038/ but you could certainly change the scale and layout to fit your location.

Top Bottom