Um. Gender and breed Questions..

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by OnewChook, Oct 2, 2012.

1. OnewChook

OnewChook Chillin' With My Peeps

Okay, I own two chooks, One Cock and a Pullet.

First, Pepper, Shes 15 weeks and i am believed she is a girl but i just want to make sure shes a she and what breed is she? I thinks shes a New Hamp. But i cant be sure.

[​IMG]

Secondly, Bumble.He is a Cock, (He crows, has Sickles and is quite scary sometimes![​IMG]) but i want to know what breed he might be. I have been looking through and think hes a Barnevelder. Once again, Cant be sure.

[​IMG]

**SORRY ABOUT THE BAD QUALITY PHOTOS. TAKEN ON A BROKEN IPOD CAMERA**

-Mad Maddie

2. OnewChook

OnewChook Chillin' With My Peeps

HellI?! Anyone there?!??

3. ramirezframing

ramirezframing Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2011
    Knee Deep
    your right on gender but cant tell from the pictures what they are can you get some side shots of them standing so we can see their shape and legs?

4. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    The first one look like a production red to me. New Hampshires typically have more black in the tail.

As for the roo, I would need to see his face. Does he have a beard and ear muffs? My first thought was Easter Egger, but he has a single comb so he may be something else. Barnvelders are not all that common. My guess would probably be mix, but a standing full body shot would help determine that.

5. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    What colour are the boy's earlobes? What I can see of his body looks more like that of a leghorn than of a barnevelder.

6. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    can you get a good side shot of them both standing?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by