Um, Is Charlotte a Charlie

Blooie

Team Spina Bifida
9 Years
Feb 25, 2014
Northwestern Wyoming
My Coop
My Coop

Charlotte age approximately 4.5 weeks. She/he had a rough start - limped from the first day home, weak, needed lots of TLC. Now Charlotte is active, no limp, and a little aggressive and pushy. She/he is quite a bit smaller than the other Buff Orpingtons in that shipment, and has feathered in much whiter.

Charlotte, 4.5 weeks

I apologize for the blur - my position trying to get this pic with my iPhone was not the best and I was shaking a little. The chick next to her/him is a Buff Orpington from the same hatch, same age.

This is another Buff Orpington from the same hatch again. When I compare these two to Charlotte, I get this funny feeling that I'm going to have to change her name.

Last edited:
Well, since the general consensus seem to mean that a name change is in order for Charlotte, which one of you wants to tell my 8 year old granddaughter - the one who named her?
idunno.gif
Thanks! I really do appreciate the input. I've been thinking rooster for about a week, but I figured 3+ weeks might be a little early to know and maybe - just maybe - the other girls would catch up maturity wise and blow my theory out of the water.

Just ask her if she wants to rename him or if she likes Charlie as well as she did Charlotte. My kids had to rename their little "chicken Jane" (from Between the Lions). They chose Clark (a Dr. Seuss reference). You never know what they'll come up with!

Just ask her if she wants to rename him or if she likes Charlie as well as she did Charlotte. My kids had to rename their little "chicken Jane" (from Between the Lions). They chose Clark (a Dr. Seuss reference). You never know what they'll come up with!
Good plan! I'll remember that for next time, you can believe me. Every evening she comes over to check "her chickens" and usually brings some kind of little treat for them. So last night I told her, "Honey, I'm afraid Sweet Charlotte has a little surprise for us. She's a he."

She looked totally shocked. She scrunched up her little face and exclaimed, "Why would she want to turn into a boy? Doesn't she know that means a trip to freezer camp?" I didn't even know she knew what freezer camp was! She felt better when I told her we'd just find a new home for him.

Back
Top Bottom