Um... what do I do now?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by PotterWatch, Oct 16, 2009.

1. PotterWatch

PotterWatch My Patronus is a Chicken

Apr 22, 2008
    Virginia
    My husband just took my boys camping for the next five days. I have no idea what to do with myself. This is the first time in more than a decade that I have this much time alone. I don't know how I am going to occupy my time. There is only so much reading, bubble bathing, and tv watching I can do...

2. jenjscott

jenjscott Mosquito Beach Poultry

May 24, 2008
    Southeast Arkansas
    sit and watch the chickens

3. PotterWatch

Apr 22, 2008
    Virginia
    Too hot in the daytime and they sleep at night. Darn chickens.

4. baldie

baldie Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2008
    Douglas, MA
    Ugh, I wish it was HOT here!!! It was actually snowing here this morning. Thankfully none if it stayed. I also wish I could have 5 days to myself. Here is an idea, we can switch. You can come here and take care of my 2 boys and DH and I will come sweat out in the sun there. LOL

5. 19Dawn76

19Dawn76 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2009
    Toadsuck, AR
    If it were me I would SLEEP. Sleep. Sleep. Hours of sleep, all in a long, long row. One after another. 8 hours. 10 hours. I would sleep in my bed on HIS side, my side, my sons middle part. I would snooze on the sofa, the porch swing, the floor, bathtub. You name it. I would SLEEP all over this house and yard. I might even write a poem entitled ODE TO SLEEP, a book "the great snooze and I"[​IMG]

6. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Hook up with some old friends and enjoy a day of beauty [​IMG] Or go to the movies, visit a museum, you know, all the boring things that hubby and the boys would hate [​IMG]

ETA: and don't clean A THING!! The boys are gone, it can't get that dirty right?

Last edited: Oct 16, 2009
  7. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Quote:I can't remember - where are you again? I am heading to Murrieta on Sunday to pick up some week old pekins...... Coffee?

8. Eggs4Sale

Eggs4Sale Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2009
    All 3 of mine were gone for the first time ever. It was great for an hour. Then I started missing them. Then I started imagining awful things. Then i envisioned they were grown and gone. [​IMG]
    Then daddy came home with devil dog and all was well again.

[​IMG] Till devil dog flooded my bathroom last night. [​IMG]

9. PotterWatch

Apr 22, 2008
    Virginia
    I can't remember - where are you again? I am heading to Murrieta on Sunday to pick up some week old pekins...... Coffee?

I am in Pomona, I'd be up for coffee if you will be passing by somewhere near...

ETA: I have really been looking forward to getting some extra sleep, but here I am, still online at midnight...
    At least I can sleep in!​

Last edited: Oct 17, 2009
  10. English Chick

English Chick English Mum

Jun 27, 2008
    Cheshire UK
    Enjoy the peace quiet and tranquility.. think about all those things that you have wanted to do for ages ages ages...... then have a nap... watch a movie... get outside.... have your hairdone.. have a beauty day.... just relax... they will be home soon and then you will all hands on deck once more.........

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by