Um, what do you suppose she came from? *Update more pics* OEGB?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by FrontPorchIndiana, Dec 28, 2008.

1. FrontPorchIndiana

FrontPorchIndiana Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2008
    Indiana
    I have a bantam hen. Her name is Precious. To make a long story short... my Dad ordered a mix from McMurray about six years ago, there were Polish, EE's, etc. She's the offspring of some of those chickens. All the rest of the remaining flock are EEs and lay green eggs so I assumed she would too. I just inherited them this July about a week after she hatched. Some of the flock were too wild to catch and stayed behind at my Uncle's house. I don't know what they looked like. Precious laid her first egg today and it was off white. What do you suppose she might be? Now I don't think either of the two roos I have were her Daddy! This pic is a couple of weeks old, her comb is a little bigger now. I don't think you can see by the photo that she has almost aqua colored ears if that means anything.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 29, 2008
  2. mudhen

mudhen confidently clueless

Jan 15, 2007
    Shepherdstown, WV
    I don't know, but she's pretty! [​IMG]

3. TreeFever

TreeFever Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2008
    MA
    Oh wow, no idea.
    I wish we knew the combination so we could make more haha
    She is so beautiful!!

4. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

I have no idea, but she is adorable!

5. FrontPorchIndiana

Mar 8, 2008
    Indiana
    Quote:Exactly! I'd love to have more of her. I love her markings.

6. Featherland

Featherland Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2007
    Missouri
    I love her color pattern!

7. FrontPorchIndiana

Mar 8, 2008
    Indiana
    What i don't get is that she has the EE feet. So then why doesn't she lay a green egg? I thought that trait was dominant? [​IMG]

8. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    That has to be one of the prettiest chickens I have seen in......EVER!!!! Are her legs actually green or are they grey? My mother has some mixes, the father was a Golden Campine...they have slate grey legs, aqua earlobes (which is STRANGE since neither parent did) and all the ones that are not from an EE hen lay lightly brown tinted eggs. I am not saying she looks at all like a golden campine, BTW, I realize she doesn't at all, just saying that got those particular traits.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2008
  9. Attack Chicken

Attack Chicken [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Hu

Sep 25, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    O.O She is just to pretty and adorable!!!If you ever want to get rid of her call me [​IMG] She has to be one of the cutest and prettiest chickens I've ever seen!

10. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    Wish I could help you out but I just don't have a clue. She is absolutely adorable though! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by