umm..excuse me??

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by NewChcikenmommy!, Sep 27, 2011.

1. NewChcikenmommy!

NewChcikenmommy! Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2011
    Kingsland,Georgia
    SO my friend comes over today to take some amazing photos of my and my 6 hens when she got this shot of my one hen, affectionately named Rebel.
    [​IMG]
    I don't know if it is male or female, I just know that since my two new rescues have started laying eggs this uppity little twirp has it out for me! If it's a duel he/she wants that's what he/she will get! is this Roo behavior? even though its only just over 3mos old? I have noticed an increase in the scuffling this one starts with the 3 others from the same hatch batch..lol my resues are 9mos old and he won't dare mess with them!

2. Cloverleaf Farm

Cloverleaf Farm Bearded Birds are Best

Sep 16, 2008
    Levan, UT
    NewChcikenmommy! :

SO my friend comes over today to take some amazing photos of my and my 6 hens when she got this shot of my one hen, affectionately named Rebel.
    https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-...4928908032_756583031_11197552_772828035_n.jpg
    I don't know if it is male or female, I just know that since my two new rescues have started laying eggs this uppity little twirp has it out for me! If it's a duel he/she wants that's what he/she will get! is this Roo behavior? even though its only just over 3mos old? I have noticed an increase in the scuffling this one starts with the 3 others from the same hatch batch..lol my resues are 9mos old and he won't dare mess with them!

That's a cockerel.​

3. NewChcikenmommy!

Jul 9, 2011
    Kingsland,Georgia
    ugh..well that's no good. I live in city limits-roo's not allowed, soooo yea going to have to rehome this little guy.

4. Reyvaughn

Reyvaughn Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2011
    Northeast Pennsylvania
    Oh, look at those pretty sickle feathers! Totally a cockerel!

5. spiritdance

spiritdance Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 13, 2010
    Yup, he's even doing the Rooster strut!

6. NewChcikenmommy!

Jul 9, 2011
    Kingsland,Georgia
    I was like 2 feet away (cropped the pic) this little twirp has been coming after me for weeks! I have to wear closed toed shoes ONLY because this one out of six will try to eat my toes! LOL I should give him a sinister name! haha
    Quote:

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by