Umm.... My white broilers aren't white.

aladatrot

Songster
11 Years
Apr 24, 2008
LaPorte
My broilers that I bought from the feed store (purchased through ideal hatchery) were believed by the novice feed store owner to have been white broilers. Well, they came in an order with some other chicks, and are now about two weeks old. Their feathers are coming in red and black on their little wings, and I'm thinking that they aren't White broilers. Are red broilers plain red like a production red, or are they red and black? As chickies, they were yellow fuzzed with a little darker (brownish fuzzed) heads. Does that sound like red broilers too?

I'd just hate for there to have been a mix up and have some egg layer bred youngsters get slaughtered because I didn't know what I was looking at.
Thanks!
M

I am betting you have RIR egg layers sorry
sad.png
they would make a nice addition to a hen house though.

Henry

I will get a photo up today. I was so busy last night that I didn't get one. I'm certain if there is any confusion it is because it was a novice chicken rancher buying and a novice feed store owner selling. Neither of us know much about chickens. We are learning though!

Thanks
M

Game as in a fighting chicken? Oh no! Maybe I should build some little plywood huts in my back yard and stake them out?

I will look up the other variety, since I have never seen it before. I'm guessing these aren't broilers?

Thanks
M

Called the feed store I got them from, and they checked the invoice from Ideal. Saying I got the correct birds, Ideal lists them as being "Broilers". No real help there.

I'm not disappointed or anything, I'm just curious as to what they are.

Thanks
M

Back
Top Bottom