1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

umm rocking egg on lockdown??

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by BlueBirdChick, Dec 20, 2010.

1. BlueBirdChick

BlueBirdChick On Vacation

Aug 13, 2010
    Absarokee, Montana
    okay maybe its just me but I've never seen it but one of my cochin eggs is rocking already and its just went on lockdown. Temp hasn't been too high the other day its was 101 but now its back to 100 and the humidity is where it should be.. Has this happened to anyone else??? I hope it doesn't hatch just yet. Anyone have early hatches??????
    Maybe its because it can hear my chicks that I have in the brooder now?????
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009
    I actually had that happen my last chick hatch of this year. Worried the pants off of me, but it ended up fine. The peeping, rock and roller DID hatch early, but was fully developed and fine!
    Good luck!

3. BlueBirdChick

Aug 13, 2010
    Absarokee, Montana
    ty East,, I know huh we should be use to this whole hatching thing but I don't think that we are ever ready lol. Yeah I'll keep things posted if anything changes [​IMG] thank you again [​IMG]

4. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009
    I know what you mean, I ask myself EVERY time, WHY do I torture myself this way? Then I realize, at the end of the torture await fuzzy butts. [​IMG]

5. shellyga

shellyga Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 23, 2010
    Milner
    Bluebird.. you and I are hatching buddies.. just put my 27 eggs on lock down.. 4 didn't candle as a thriving chick so were culled.. I am excited.. we will keep each other company.

Shelly

6. mustangluvrjen

mustangluvrjen Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 1, 2010
    South Cakilaki
    a couple of my duck eggs are doing the same thing and I'm still 24hrs away from lock down. went to turn them and one of them turn themselves back over..guess he didn't like that position [​IMG]

7. BlueBirdChick

Aug 13, 2010
    Absarokee, Montana
    Quote:[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Cool [​IMG] [​IMG]
    yeah i tapped the bator and the egg started to move a little
    [​IMG]
    I'm like oh my gosh, like I never seen a chick rock it's egg hahahaa.

8. BlueBirdChick

Aug 13, 2010
    Absarokee, Montana
    Quote:hehehee I know I wouldn't of even noticed the egg except for it's right next to me and I heard this bumping I'm like huh???
    And then I tapped the bator and it moved ...

9. heathersboers

heathersboers Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2010
    wilson
    I had a rockin roller last hatch and it was the last to hatch- That lil booger rolled all over that bator- I thought I was gonna have to tape it down to keep from upsetting the others !![​IMG]

10. BlueBirdChick

Aug 13, 2010
    Absarokee, Montana
    Quote:[​IMG]
    heheheee yeah I know it's like oh my gosh , it's like bump cars

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by