Umm, she said GOOSE eggs...

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by SarahIrl, Jun 8, 2010.

1. SarahIrl

SarahIrl Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2010
    West Cork, Ireland
    Ok, so on an Irish site I have decided to proclaim my love for incubating and am offering my services to incubate other people's eggs. They supply them, I incubate and candle them and they collect them when hatched. Save my dear dear husband having a fit whenever I start clearing room in the kitchen for the bator to come out. Anyway, I got a phone call this evening, and a lady asked me if I'd kindly incubate some eggs for her, how much did I want for it (enough to cover the electric bill I said) and happy days, we're on. I asked how many, and she says oh, maybe just six or so. Ok, all is well. Then she told me GOOSE EGGS. Um, as in, er, GEESE. I know they take 30 days and you cool them for 15 mins every day after spraying them, but apart from that... gulp. I told her bring nine. Just in case. So, when my bator is empty on 19th June, she's bringing them over. What oh what have I got myself into?!?!

2. LarryPQ

LarryPQ Easter Hatch!!

Jul 17, 2009
    You'll be fine. [​IMG] It will be old hat in a day or two.

3. SarahIrl

SarahIrl Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2010
    West Cork, Ireland
    Anyone have dos and dont's? My humidity and temps are fab in my little bator, and will be using that one, as it reaheats in minutes. I'm currently running on 53% day 1-18 and 70% for 19-21 for chicken eggs, will this be ok for geese too? I know I need to turn down the temp from 100F to 99F. What else?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by