umm..soft egg photo along with unkmown beside the egg..what is beside this?

chickenreyna

Songster
Oct 10, 2017
Oklahoma
Its gross i know i stumbled across this on my little coops roof yesterday morning when i went to feed and water.. It was located in a very odd spot! The roof of my little coop yesterday. First time, i have ever found an egg there. soft shell egg i have had a older sex link hen lay these Sometimes but this isnt from her due to color of egg and much smaller size of egg!

First glimpse, I thought it was a maggot beside it but no it appears to of come out with..the egg..

Attachments

• 20180921_115934.jpg
    20180921_115934.jpg
    267.7 KB · Views: 14
  • 20180921_115927.jpg
    20180921_115927.jpg
    290.7 KB · Views: 11
Looks like it could be a soft-shell fart-egg. Maybe it didn’t form correctly, so it didn’t get laid and was pushed out by the other egg. My best guess is it’s nothing to worry about.

It could be a lash egg (salpingitis). The soft shell egg could be from your older hen, the color is laid on after the shell is formed, so you can't tell by color, really. How old is your sex link? Those hens are bred for high production, so, sadly, are more prone to reproductive problems.

Looks like it could be a soft-shell fart-egg. Maybe it didn’t form correctly, so it didn’t get laid and was pushed out by the other egg. My best guess is it’s nothing to worry about.
Ok. I had my black copper maran lay a hard tiny fart/fairy egg a few mos ago and it looked like a milk dud but it was hard texture but literally the size of a peanut m and m maybe a little smaller haha. I knew who it belonged to because of the dark color..haha

It could be a lash egg (salpingitis). The soft shell egg could be from your older hen, the color is laid on after the shell is formed, so you can't tell by color, really. How old is your sex link? Those hens are bred for high production, so, sadly, are more prone to reproductive problems.
I rescued her. I am unaware of her age:/ she was a battery hen. She has spurs is why i think she is older..

I have had her since July of last year. I rescued two of them and she appears older by her.. Stature and the spurs plus her the malfunctions of her eggs oyster grits helped a little. The other one is my best layer that i rescued with her, for now. She's only one of my hens with spurs. That's why i think shes i think estimate over 3 years old i know battery hens normally give out quicker than most?

Back
Top Bottom