umm.....

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Chick15, Jul 23, 2011.

1. Chick15

Chick15 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2011
    Okay, this is REALLY random, but this is about chickens, so here goes..

Do chickens pee???

[​IMG]

now don't laugh, I honestly don't know. The other day I was talking to my friend and she felt something on her head like a raindrop but there were no clouds so she came to the assumption that a bird peed on her head. And I told her that birds don't pee, I have chickens and I have never seen them pee, so they must'nt (i think i spelled that really wrong... o.o ) But then I have been thinking about it and don't they kinda have to, like they drink and everything.... So im asking on here and I dont want anybody carcking upp at me... and please don't call me stupid..... I am a straight A student, they just don't teach you if birds pee or not during school....

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 23, 2011
  2. mississippifarmboy

mississippifarmboy collects slightly damaged strays Premium Member

Good question.

Birds don't "pee". They uhh deposit? both together. Which is why bird poo is runny compared to mammals.

The things we discuss on here. [​IMG]

3. Birds & Eggs

Birds & Eggs Out Of The Brooder

Jul 23, 2011
    Texas
  4. Chick15

Chick15 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2011
    Aha!!! I was right!!! YAY!!!

5. yinepu

yinepu Overrun With Chickens

Quote:Sure they do! You just had to take "Animal Science" (an Ag class) at the school I went to..
    had a blast when my Ag teacher brought in live chickens and the snooty girls screamed cause they had to touch a CHICKEN!!!

6. Zinnia-Hen

Zinnia-Hen Live & Let Live

Jan 29, 2011
    Quote:Sure they do! You just had to take "Animal Science" (an Ag class) at the school I went to..
    had a blast when my Ag teacher brought in live chickens and the snooty girls screamed cause they had to touch a CHICKEN!!!

[​IMG]

7. Lothiriel

Lothiriel Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Aug 30, 2007
    New York State
    My Coop
    Well, at least it was for a reason! I know some girls (won't say who) and they scream when they SEE a chicken!

Haha, yeah. Both come out together. I remember reading that the white stuff in the poo is the pee type... I think...

8. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Thats not a dumb question at all.. good for asking it! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by