Ummmm - Is SHE turning into a HE?????

mommto3kiddos

Songster
8 Years
Mar 9, 2011
These are my 14 week old TSC "White Pullets" (aka Tetra Tints).. These 3 have looked the same up until this week and now one has "blossomed".. No crowing that I have heard, but SHE is making me wonder...

Is SHE turning into a HE?????

100_9290-1.jpg

100_9291-1.jpg

100_9292-1.jpg

100_9293-1.jpg

Yes, probably the hen is just getting ready to lay you some nice fresh eggs! Or wait... Hmm... That tail looks like a roo tail.. HAPPY CHOOKS WE NEED YOU!
tongue.png

I don't know if that's just how tetra tint tails are.. Because if they aren't like that on a pullet, then all 3 of the chickens on your first picture on the left are roos.

Last edited:
Just compared legs and they are all same thickness. And the SUSPECT has no spurs (yet)... I hope shes just getting close to laying. My RSL hens have turned "red" the past couple weeks and they too are the same age!!!

This might be a stupid question but will cockerels make the hen "pout" cry or moan as I call it.. When I go out they all chatter to me and the SUSPECT joins right in.. No roo sounds just that "chatter"..

It's a pullet. By 14wks you would see some saddle feathers starting to show if it were a boy.

I'm on my iPhone right now, but I'll have another look when I get home.

I have chicks just older than yours and some of the hens have that much redness. You could tell the roos from the hens based just on comb several weeks ago. I'm betting hen also.
Nice flock.

Back
Top Bottom